"THE SAGA" Parco dei Monti Sibillini Travelogue by Kid-A
Parco dei Monti Sibillini Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 16 photos
I must write a beginning to this story. But for now, enjoy the photos and the little text I have here.
Upon reaching the summit and finding the spinach, it suddenly started raining and then snowing. There was cover available in a broken down, old cow shelter. The roof was partially caved in, but I took this photo of the rain as it turned to snow. It was a bit worrying, because it's quite dangerous at the top of a mountain -- even in summer, it can just start snowing and cause some trouble!
The spinach was difficult to pick after the snow. I had no gloves and my hands were freezing!
I just realized these photos are completely out of order. This is a photo I took of my girlfriend and the keeper of the spinach secret coming up the mountain. This is about 6 hours into the hike and we'd been going nearly vertical for about 2 hours. I was thinking how amazing it is how these old men climb this because there's no way they're getting cars up here! They have to hike...
There were some dangerous spots to cross along the way. Here we are crossing a large patch of snow. It's difficult to see in the photo, but the snow is slanted quite a bit. It was very easy to start sliding right down into this huge gully of large, jagged rocks.
Again, I'm thinking, 'how the f*** do these old men hike this?!?!'
Almost there and not a dangerous looking cloud in sight!
It wasn't until reaching the top that the huge gray clouds rolled in and dumped all that rain and snow.
I saw this just about at the end of the hike. The last visible rays of the sun were catching the top of this mountain. The rocks at the top looked like some kind of castle from the Arthur Legends. Just beautiful!!
And we cooked up that spinach that night, drank some local red wine and stayed up very late. It was exhausting, but a great experience! Hope you enjoyed the story. And if you happen to be in the area and hear tales of the most delicious spinach in all the land... listen well. You might decipher some directions to the secret location of that wonderful wild spinach! :)
Kid-A's Related Pages
Parco dei Monti Sibillini Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Easter holidays 2007"
- "the wonderful Parco Nazionale dei Monti sibillini"
- "THE SECRET SPINACH SAGA!!!"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parco dei Monti Sibillini
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Parco dei Monti Sibillini?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parco dei Monti Sibillini
Photos in Parco dei Monti SibilliniSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaiserslautern Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ile de Jerba Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Izmir Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rosmalen Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos