"Hadhramaut Valley" Say'un Travelogue by Sambawalk
Say'un Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 66 photos
The Hadhramis live in densely-built towns centered on traditional watering stations along the wadis. Hadhramis harvest crops of wheat, millet, tend date palm and coconut groves, and grow some coffee. On the plateau Bedouins tend sheep and goats. Society is still highly tribal, with the old Seyyid aristocracy, descended from Muhammad, traditionally educated and strict in their Islamic observance, highly respected in religious and secular affairs.
I did a day trip, charted a jeep for US$120. (May 2008).
Sambawalk's Related Pages
Say'un Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Time for another lemonade."
- "Manhattan of the desert"
- "City in the Wadi"
- "Welcome to Sayun"
- "Wadi Hadramawt and the Eastern Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Say'un
- Hotels in Say'un
- Transportation in Say'un
- Nightlife in Say'un
- Restaurants in Say'un
- Shopping in Say'un
- Warnings and Dangers in Say'un
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Say'un
- 7 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Say'un?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Say'un
Photos in Say'unSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Krabi Intro, 33 reviews, 61 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Luxor Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Esfahan Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 27 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Say'un hotel reviews
- Al Hawta Palace Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2012