"Cancun Mexico" Personal Page by Minnieg

Chichen Itza Ruin

Chichen Itza is located in Yucatan Peninsula. It took us almost 3 hours by charter bus tour from Cancun to Chichen Itza.. (If I had known that the trip would be that long I would not have reserved the tour in the first place!. But, husband loves to visit ruins (any type of ruins) so I thought chichen itza should be a perfect place for him to visit.

Anyway, Its basically a old pyramid in the middle and a bunch of old bluidings built back in the olden days and lots of history about human sacrificials. the main attraction of this place is the pyramid in the middle that is now closed for toursit to climb up. So, you can just take pictures and just about it nothing to do. (Sorry to disappoint you!). The place is packed with little "shops" on the sidewalk almost like a plea market, where you can bargain for souvenirs but most locals would not even dare give it to you. (I guess the figured you're a toursit and would pay for the price anyway so why give you a cheap price when you can afford to pay at a higher amount!) So, in summary we got inside chichen Itza to see plea market and pyramid. Not worth it if you ask me! LOL :)

Playa Del Carmen Beach

This is a picture of my husband relaxing on the beach one sunny morning in Playa Del Carmen. The sand is soo white and fine almost feels like flour! (literally) We stayed at the Blue Bay Esmeralda a 4 star hotel in Playa Del Carmen and it was well worth it. The price is affordable yet the place is nice. Its an all inclusive resort and all brand new. They also have a swim a suite where you have your private pool right in your very own patio but we didnt get that one since this place was packed when we booked our trip to Cancun. Anyway, accomodation is great and is accesible to tourist spots such as Hidden Worlds, Xel-Ha, 30 minutes ride by boat to Merida and 20 minutes drive to Cancun international airport. Accesible to taxis and buses.

Relaxing at the beach enjoying his pina colada

The white sand beach

chichen Itza

inside chichen itza

• Page Updated Jul 25, 2008

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Minnieg

“Every step of the Journey is the JoURnEy... Take time to ExPLoRe!”

Real Name