"2008 Caucasian Challenge - VT Team" Personal Page by ant1606
Yet another fantastic idea from Giampiero6, our man in charge!
Nevertheless, a VT Team participating to the first Caucasian Challenge rally, starting on August 30 in Budapest, Hungary to reach Yerevan, Armenia.
An incredible on-the-road adventure through eleven countries along a 7,000+ Km (4,375+ mi) route.
It is with absolute honor and pride that I took the assignment as the team leader! Here we are:
Antonello - ant1606
Joao - JohnSakura
Laurel - Laurel914
Frank - frankcanfly
Our team is first to reach Yerevan!
*** Please check for updates ***
[The Caucasian challenge Charity - text by Giampiero6]
"The Caucasian Challenge may evoke two weeks of complete insanity, however, since no one's been committed quite yet, we figured the most important reality check that needs to happen is giving back to local communities we encounter. Teams and organizers come from every corner of the globe but we are not tourists.
Not only do we aim to explore the long isolated and unknown but to contribute along the way. We pair with carefully researched charity organizations who give back to the communities we visit. This is a worthwhile and difficult task as few are willing to go where help is most needed. We'll also be opening up the world to new friendships and opportunities to make a great impression on people you'll meet. The Internet is a rather boring global community. We prefer going there.
We are in talks with several charity organizations and will notify participants of all options. The charity program is not required of all participants but greatly enhances the sense of satisfaction that teams experience. Plus we think it’s the right thing to do."
English - Western Armenian
* Yes = Ayo (այո)
* No = Oč (ոչ)
* Excuse me = Neroġowt'iown (ներողութիւն)
* Hello = Parev (բարեւ)
* Please = Xntrem (խնդրեմ)
* Thank you = Šnorhagal em (շնորհակալ եմ)
* Thank you very much = Šad šnorhagal em (շատ շնորհակալ եմ)
* Welcome = Pari egar / Pari egak (բարի եկար / բարի եկաք)
* Goodbye = C'desowt'iown (ցտեսութիւն)
* Good morning = Pari lowys (բարի լոյս)
* Good afternoon = Pari òr (բարի օր)
* Good evening = Parirgown / Pari irigown (բարի իրկուն / բարի իրիկուն)
* Good night = Kišer pari (գիշեր բարի)
Day 1 - Start line - Budapest, Hungary to Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Day 2 - Mostar to Pec (Peje), Kosovo
Day 3 - Pec (Peje) to Ohrid, Macedonia
Day 4 - Ohrid to Lake Belmeken, Bulgaria
Day 5 - Belmeken to Istambul, Turkey
Day 6 - Istambul to Konya, Turkey
Day 7 - Konya to Kizkalesi, Turkey
Day 8 - Kizkalesi to Nemrut Dagi, Turkey
Day 9 - Nemrut Dagi to Gevas, Turkey
Day 10 - Gevas to Akhaltsikhe, Georgia
Day 11 - Akhaltsikhe to Potskho Esteri, Georgia
Day 12 - Potskho Esteri to Kutaisi, Georgia
Day 13 - Kutaisi to Tbilisi, Georgia
Day 14 - Tbilisi to Noyemberyan, Armenia
Day 15 - Noyemberyan to Vank
Day 16 - Vank to Kapan, Armenia
Day 17 - Kapan to Yerevan, Armenia - Finish line
Total 7,000+ Km
More Personal Pages (10)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 711 Reviews
- 1,627 Photos
- 46 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Commented on tropicrd's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The WOW Factor"
- Wrote a Review Balma Boves and Monte Bracco in Piemonte Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice - Liberation Day commemoration"
- updated a Ohio Travel Page "Ohio"
- ant1606 and tropicrd are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to South Carolina
created their Personal Page "2011 Cycling Tour - D, DK, S, PL - Part 1"
PhotosSee All Photos (1627)
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 94 reviews, 173 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 85 reviews, 129 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 48 reviews, 162 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 44 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piemonte Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Michigan Intro, 36 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos
- Scotland Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos