"The Halsema Highway Experience I" Personal Page by pres_16
April 4, 2008 - I remember one fellow visitor at St. Joseph's Inn during my first visit to Sagada two years ago. Caught in a conversation after saying 'hi' and 'hello', the guy shared his journey from Manila to Baguio then straight all the way to Sagada. Upon knowing that I didin't take the route, the guy said, ' you must experience it, try it!' And then he told me about the unending zig-zags, the wild U-turns, the sceneries, seeing around two hundred mountains and so on and on.... he told me how he enjoyed the journey at the same time how everything made him feel sick. He was introducing Halsema Highway to me....
Now, I'm sharing my own story, too. All through the pictures that I have captured while on the way to Sagada.
A 3-day job-related seminar in Baguio City followed by a long weekend blessed me the chance to revisit Sagada.
I was set to leave Baguio City at 9am on a Friday, but problem with my accomodation moved it to 1pm, the last trip to Sagada. The long journey ahead made me worried about my time that would be spent and time that would be lost for sight-seeing.
We left Baguio at 12:30pm, so I thought a 30 minute advanced departure was a bonus. Heading off to the core of the Cordilleras, starting from the valleys of La Trinidad, I could already see some breathtaking views of the mountains....and the adventure began...
While the bus driver was negotiating the steep winding roads of Halsema, I can't help admiring his superb driving skills...
Unending tricky snake roads by the mountainside...
Note that there are no straights, only zig-zags...
Pls. see more pics on Halsema High II
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 463 Reviews
- 2,701 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 53 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- Commented on one of jayjayc's Tacloban City travel pages
- updated a Province of Bulacan Travelogue "Another Churches of Bulacan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Another Churches of Bulacan"
updated their Personal Page "The Halsema Highway Experience I"
- Wrote a Review Visit the Church of St. Paul University in Tuguegarao City Things to Do
- pres_16 and jayjayc are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Davao
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: VT Manila Christmas Party -..."
VideosSee All Videos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 11 reviews, 101 photos, 8 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 8 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamma Island Intro, 10 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Masbate Island Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos