"Making a Painting-Domes" Personal Page by painterdave
Here is the drawing on watercolor paper of the project. it is a church in Padova and I have moved the domes a bit to give some more sky. I also moved the domes a bit to make the composition more powerful.
By viewing the next digitals you will see the progress of this painting.
I will make a series of these paintings and then have another exhbition. My goal is to have nine of them.
I have finished my second one, and you can see it. Just find "paintings" at the bottom of my home page and click on this.
I soaked the paper thoroughly and then i toweled it off. I then applied the colors direct to the paper.
This made a nice effect and because I toweled it off with a cloth towel, I ahd control of my edges.
I have applied some darks to the circular windows and some darks to the bottom area which I want to not be where the viewer looks. i will put more there later.
It won't look much different, but i have added details around windows, and roofs, colors of roofs, and some reflection on rooftops. Next wll be more dark in the lower right portion to bring a focus into the painting. and the large peaked roof need fixing up, shadow side on right.
It is close to the end now. Last will be the sky.
YOu can see how the digital has not captured the same tones as the last one. This is the frustrating part about digitals..
anyhow the painting has made changes with darks applied in the deepest shadow areas to make a focal point which is right of the center area.
Now i will go back to working on details, and the roof of teh center tower.
This is the final photo, it is laying under a mat that I will use in the frame. The mat is not flattened down all the way, yet.
But there will be no more painting on this one.
This painting is dedicated to my VT friend, Orietta, who loves her city and its treasures of art.
This is a finished painting using the same mat as the one above.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 628 Reviews
- 2,011 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 139 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
- painterdave and KShezz are now friends.
- Commented on Redang's profile page
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: First time to Europe"
- Wrote a Review Walking Through Flea Market...... in Arezzo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walking Through Flea Market......"
- updated a Arezzo Travel Page "Arezzo"
updated their Profile Page "Italianized! 4 years in Residence"
- Uploaded a Video to World
VideosSee All Videos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos