"Woodcarving in St Jovan Bigorski Monastery" Mavrovo Travelogue by Pijlmans
Mavrovo Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 109 photos
More information on the Monastery of Sveti Jovan Bigorski (St John the Baptist, also known as St John the Forerunner) can be found here.
If you want to know more about the famous woodcarvers Frckovski and Filipovski, check here.
The iconostasis has over 500 woodcarved humans and 200 animals, showing scenes from the Old and New Testaments. The woodcarvers also carved themselves, see the link above.
Although it is forbidden to take pictures in the church, sometimes you are allowed if you ask friendly. The results are below!
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Info about hiking trails near Bituse
- See All Deer Leap Bridge (Most Elenski Skok)
- See All Hotel Alpina
- See All Ski facilities, Mavrovo village
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Mavrovo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE HEAVEN"
- "just part of Mavrovo National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mavrovo
- Hotels in Mavrovo
- Transportation in Mavrovo
- Restaurants in Mavrovo
- Warnings and Dangers in Mavrovo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mavrovo
- 22 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Mavrovo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mavrovo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 108 reviews, 387 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 45 reviews, 105 photos