"Saunders Island Images" Saunders Island Travelogue by zweiblumen
Saunders Island Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 31 photos
I had been renting a cottage on Saunders island for 3 nights in July 2001. This was the sight that greeted me early one morning, I was so excited that I ran out into the snow in my bare feet to capture the sunrise.
A juvenile Black-browed albatross, known locally as mollymauks, this was photographed on my second visit to Saunders Island in April 2004.
Saunders Island has a small population of King Penguins.
A Rockhopper penguin drinks from a stream.
A sleepy Gentoo Penguin, Port Egmont 2001. I managed to photograph this penguin using just an 80mm lens.
Rockhopper has a scratch.
More Travelogues (1)
zweiblumen's Related Pages
Saunders Island Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Saunders Island
- Hotels in Saunders Island
- Transportation in Saunders Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saunders Island
- 5 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Saunders Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saunders Island
Photos in Saunders IslandSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Falkland Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 136 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Verde Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lesotho Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faroe Islands Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saunders Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Algarve Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues