"Mountain Parkway in Eastern Kentucky" Kentucky Travelogue by BeatChick
Kentucky Travel Guide: 2,289 reviews and 5,906 photos
Yep, I stopped along the way to take photos of these old barns on my way back to Cincinnati last time I left home.
Liked this photo with the field of Queen Anne's Lace in the front and the one lone flower in the center foreground.
The photos on this travelogue and the Kentucky home page were taken all in the same spot, right at the mile 8 marker, which was pretty close to where the Mountain Parkway meets I-64 (about 20 minutes from Winchester).
Same barn, different perspective, bluer sky!
This is the same type of barn that local artist, Russell May, used to paint.
Here's a close-up of a Queen Anne's Lace flower with its tell-tale red dot in the center.
These flower, by the way, are part of the carrot family.
We're in farmland now!
Eastern Kentucky is noted for its lush verdant landscape, perfect for farming and raising cattle.
In case you didn't think the above photo was boring, I've added another just to ensure boredom!!
BeatChick's Related Pages
Kentucky Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kentucky: My Parent's Home in Retirement"
- "My Old Kentucky Home"
- "Kentucky Back Roads and Byways"
- "THE BLUEGRASS STATE"
- "Eastern Kentucky a Whole other world!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kentucky
- Hotels in Kentucky
- Transportation in Kentucky
- Nightlife in Kentucky
- Restaurants in Kentucky
- Shopping in Kentucky
- Warnings and Dangers in Kentucky
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kentucky
- 0 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kentucky?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kentucky
Videos in KentuckySee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 377 reviews, 1289 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 135 reviews, 589 photos, 8 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 65 reviews, 290 photos, 6 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 135 photos
- Dublin Intro, 30 reviews, 135 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos
- Illinois Intro, 80 photos, 10 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Chartres Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue