"Ruins and sherds" Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Travelogue by leics
Paphos Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 996 photos
Nea Pafos is most famous for its mosaics, obviously, but the rest of the site is well worth exploring.
This is the toilet of one of the villas......I always like to spot the toilets, and Roman ones are easy. Just look for a rectangular room, with a deep channel around the outside (running water, above which one sat on benches-with-holes). In the centre would be containers of water, for the famous sponge-on-a-stick ablution (it's ok, everyone had his or her own personal sponge-on-a-stick!).
leics' Related Pages
Paphos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Excellent Roman mosaiques & more !"
- "Second time around....."
- "Paphos revisited"
- "Went to Cyprus to get married, had fun too!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paphos
- Hotels in Paphos
- Transportation in Paphos
- Nightlife in Paphos
- Restaurants in Paphos
- Shopping in Paphos
- Warnings and Dangers in Paphos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paphos
- 21 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 49 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (667)
Have you been to Paphos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paphos
Photos in PaphosSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 150 photos, 6 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues