"Sunsets at Tahai" Easter Island Travelogue by sswagner
Easter Island Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 1,507 photos
I chose to photograph the sunset at Tahai several times. Each time, I never got tired of it either. This is a popular place to watch the sun go down, but there is enough room for everyone.
Of course, I had to try several different angles.
The sky remains colorful, even after the sun has slipped below the ocean.
Only on Easter Island could it be quite like this.
The sun remains fairly bright until it is right about even with the water
The moon was out on a couple of the evenings
I brought a tripod and flashlight with me to try and capture the moai and the stars. Truly, it is a memorable experience just to sit back and watch it all.
- See All Weather
- See All Bring a good pair of shoes
- See All Ahu Vinapu
- See All Maunga Terevaka
sswagner's Related Pages
Easter Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Easter Island - Rapa Nui"
- "Easter Island and the Stone Heads"
- "Mysteries and moai"
- "Rapa Nui - a very special feeling"
- "Easter Island - The Most Remote Frontier On Earth"
- "An Island of Legend, Beauty, and Mystery"
- "wadekorzan's new Easter Island Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Easter Island
- Hotels in Easter Island
- Transportation in Easter Island
- Nightlife in Easter Island
- Restaurants in Easter Island
- Shopping in Easter Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Easter Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Easter Island
- 40 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Easter Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Easter Island
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues