"historic images" Greece Travelogue by davecallahan
Greece Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 89 photos
Edgemere Drive in 1924
Long Pond in 1924, looking north with trolley tracks running along Long Pond Road on the right side.
Greece used to be a great farming area for corn and apples and peaches.
Here are some peach trees in Baker's Farm (1924)
Elm trees used to be popular all over Greece, NY until the elm disease struck in the 1950s and killed off 97% of the elm trees.
Up until then, there used to be this huge tree on Latta Road on the Yates farm called the "Latta Elm". It was a visitor attraction.
- See All milder than other areas
- See All voted best ingredients 2005-2007
- See All arts, crafts, restored antiques
- See All Latta Lea
- See All Firemen's Carnival
- See All business man's favorite
davecallahan's Related Pages
Greece Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown..... Greece, NY (suburb of Rochester)"
- "minxpie's new Greece page"
- "Greece is in New York too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greece
- Hotels in Greece
- Transportation in Greece
- Restaurants in Greece
- Shopping in Greece
- Warnings and Dangers in Greece
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greece
- 40 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Greece?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greece
Photos in GreeceSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.