"Night life at Lembeh" Manado Travelogue by Restless-in-kl
Manado Travel Guide: 156 reviews and 481 photos
In this case, the waters come alive at nightfall in Lembeh. The sky becomes dark as early as 5pm so night diving here can go on till 8pm!
Though the waters may be dark and cold, the creatures that come out and play at this time of the day is anything but dark and cold.
Take this beautiful fish with wings for fins. If anyone knows the name of this fish, please email me.
Photo taken in a site just off the town of Bitung opposite Lembeh.
It's tricky to shoot at night especially when I don't have a strobe. It's literally point, shoot and pray that the subject is in the frame.
Squid is captured at the same place above.
I was editing this photo when I was diving in the Maldives. Initially I had thought this was a flatworm and I was busy flipping through a nudibranch/flatworm book on the liveaboard.
Then the divemaster came to take a look and said to me "Why are you looking through this book? Isn't this a flounder???"
I can't decide!
Though this fella looks cute, if it feels threatened, its wings would be wide open. Unfortunately, it didn't think I was very threatening!
Shot in Teluk Kembahu 3.
It was quite hard to capture this little frogfish as it loves to jum and hop around quite a bit, as well as seeking shelter underneath any rocks or debris.
The seahorse and cockatoo waspfish were hanging around together during my entire dive. They didn't seem to mind when I started hanging around with them.
Shot at Teluk Kembahu 3.
I have always wondered how long or how big snake eels are as most of the time we only see its head sticking out of the sand.
With this one that comes with lotsa of teeth, I'm not sticking around to find out!
Taken at Teluk Kembahu 3.
Restless-in-kl's Related Pages
Manado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEXT EVENT: WOC - MAY 2009"
- "Not many people know this place - Manado"
- "torang samua basudara, jo!"
- "Manado, a city that's been kissed by God"
- "Manado, for always in my heart"
- "Magical Manado & Lembeh Lair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manado
- Hotels in Manado
- Transportation in Manado
- Nightlife in Manado
- Restaurants in Manado
- Warnings and Dangers in Manado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manado
- 3 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Manado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manado
Photos in ManadoSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 11 reviews, 76 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Menjangan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Galera Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manado Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues