"Island Sceneries" Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Travelogue by Rastarigo
Malapascua Island Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 425 photos
there was a general calmness down here except for a surge of current emie had to grab me and we held each other's hand as we slowly finned around behind jojo. sharks could surface from any point so we retreated and remained content with our current position. jojo signalled for us to kneel down. at this point i felt the shark could appear any moment from now. i turned around to my right, to my left and then bowed down to fix my mask, if ever there would be shark, i want to see it in its clearest. funny coz whatever shade in the blue that i see as big as a shark i tell myself, this is it, this is it. but no it's just a rock. our illusion of privacy had gone down the drain when another group of divers glimmered in the blue opposite us. we had faint visions of them we couldn't tell exactly how many they were. one? two? as much as we got distracted by their presence, we had to dilate our eyes in eager anticipation of today's highlight or we'll miss it forever. shortly our world stopped when something gray rose to our right. this is it. this is really is it- a thresher shark gracefully swam to the direction of our footing. from a vague object that popped out from a dark wall of water, this beautiful creature slowly and calmly drew near upon us giving us the closest encounter a diver could dream of. the whole world flashed before my eyes. this is something i've waited for so long yet when it's there, you'd wish you could stop the time so you could prepare for something you are actually not ready for. this is what nature had ordained- jaw wide open (for a mouth hygiene and not to devour us alive), razor-sharp teeth glinting underwater like jagged diamonds, huge round eyes cocked on me, the smooth sheen on her body that says, hey touch me! and not to be missed out, the extremely long tail the length of her body. holy shiiiit. i've never been so awe-struck in the sea. until this moment. i held my breath, my eyes remained wide open for the duration of the spectacle, never switching my eye direction all glued to the most beautiful shark in the world until she melted back into the blue. it was a fleeting intimate moment but absolutely priceless. i thought this was the start of it. i expected another one to dart through my back so i turned back. we waited for some action to kick in but i realized, if ever there's a second fellow showing up that wouldn't be as memorable as the first one. content with the success we just had, we were more than happy to go up. honestly i hadn't had enough of what we should have so you would tell for even during the ascent through the rope, i kept on looking down hoping to catch a glimpse of another one for the last time before i resurfaced in the water. but as you can tell i already sound chipper in case you'd talk to me on the phone after this dive while i'm sunning out in the deck of the boat with the sound of the engine in the background on our ride back to malapascua.
Rastarigo's Related Pages
Malapascua Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DIVER'S PARADISE!"
- "Thresher shark@Malapascua"
- "Thresher Sharks & The Beach"
- "Mapalapascua - you'll love it!"
- "Malapasua Island"
- "Malapascua Island: quiet, authentic little island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malapascua Island
- Hotels in Malapascua Island
- Transportation in Malapascua Island
- Nightlife in Malapascua Island
- Restaurants in Malapascua Island
- Shopping in Malapascua Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Malapascua Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malapascua Island
- 14 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Malapascua Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malapascua Island
- Posted in Travel Boracay Island Forum "Re: Anyone want to help me plan a..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mandarin Fish"
- created a Malapascua Island Travelogue "Mandarin Fish"
- Wrote a Review don't grope in the dark, bring flashlight! in Malapascua Island What to Pack
- Commented on one of sweet_sentiments's Malapascua Island travel pages
Photos in Malapascua IslandSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Davao City Intro, 10 reviews, 102 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 14 reviews, 78 photos, 6 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Ko Kut Intro, 1 review, 70 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 8 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Coron Island Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues