"Stockholm-Gothenburg" Göteborg Travelogue by marielexoteria

Göteborg Travel Guide: 942 reviews and 1,858 photos

Traveling isn't sometimes about the final destination, but about the journey and the experiences within. When I go to Gothenburg, I visit a friend from my country who lives there so we don't get to do the touristy stuff - except for Liseberg once.

Follow me on my latest trip to Gothenburg, where I went to pick up some things my parents sent me with her, as well as to catch up and get away from my daily routine up here.

Unless otherwise specified, all the pictures are related to "the good" chapter. I'm sorry in advance because some are blurry or not as good.

The good

* I went to Gbg by plane. Quick and easy and with no major setbacks.

* Friday night was spent by talking about everything and nothing, catching up on what's going on in each other's lives and the country. I met my friend's mom who's here to visit. Very nice lady (well how else would it be? hehe) whom I liked very much.

* Saturday we went to a cultural exhibition from the Uruguayan Förening. They showed pictures, paintings, sculptures and some movies. One I particularly liked was where they showed a carnival dance with the typical costumes, followed by the 2 starring people dressed in those costumes and dancing to that music.

* Not only did I experience Latin culture, but also Swedish. I went to my very first crayfish party :D

* I came back home by train. What a lovely, distressful way to travel! Sweden is indeed country full of beautiful sceneries. I loved seeing the lake (I don't know which yet, I'll look it up), palm trees, houses painted with Falun red, cows and horses, and the charming old buildings from the smaller cities where we made a pit stop to drop and pick up passengers.

The bad

* A brat was sitting next to me and kept complaining with 2 brat friends on how much she hated flying to Gothenburg. I just kept wondering why she was there if she could "take her car down there". Imagine this going on for an hour, which was the flight length....good for me that I had a book and my mp3 player with me.

* During the cultural exhibition the power went off and on several times, making it difficult for us to fully enjoy what they had to show us.

* I'm allergic to fish and seafood so I couldn't eat any of those tasty beauties.

* People at T-centralen who stopped dead wherever they were going, not because they were lost or because they got robbed, but just because.

The ugly

* The man in this picture muttered something very rude to me and gave me bad looks because I was taking pictures of the trams outside the central station. It was only my intention to capture the trams...oh well. I don't know this man and after that I'm certainly not interested in doing so, but at least I covered his face to protect his identity. Aren't I good girl or what? ;)

More pictures

Trams.

Some tram tracks meeting.

Gothenburg's central train station.

In the background: Nordstan, a mall in Gothenburg.

• Page Updated Aug 27, 2007

Comments

marielexoteria

“PPP by VT'er pcg821”

Badges & Stats in Göteborg

Have you been to Göteborg?

Latest Activity in Göteborg