"VT meeting 15th August 2007" Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Travelogue by yumyum
Sion Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 429 photos
When HORSCHECK and I decided to explore a bit of Canton du Valais, we thought we contact VTer tripack. I figured that he lives in Valais but didn't know where exactly. Ignorant me wrote to him in German assuming that he must live in the German speaking part of Valais (after all he has a big Zermatt page!). Well, it turned out that Patrick aka tripack is French speaking and lives in Sion. So naturally, we spoke English as I have trouble speaking French and he isn't used to speaking German, even though we learn each others languages in school.
So we met Patrick at 4 pm in the Café "La rose des vents" as the café where we were originally meeting was closed on that particular day as it was a local public holiday.
After the drink we took a short walk through Sion before heading to Patrick's balcony for a barbeque. We got really spoilt with different sausages and meats, drinks, appetisers and even ice creams. The view from the balcony was amazing.
Later we headed for the light and sound show "Sion en lumière" which was quite a spectacle.
After the show we headed for another drink in an outdoor café on Place du Midi. Since you are only allowed to sit in outdoor cafés until midnight, we had to move to another place. It turned out to be not so easy to find the right one.
But finally we made it to a near empty pub (the disco downstairs was in action) for a last drink before we had to part. Promises of meeting again were exchanged. Patrick is eagerly waiting for the scheduled trains through the new Loetschberg tunnel, so that travelling time to Zurich will be only 2 instead of 3 hours from Brig.
Merci beaucoup Patrick pour tout!!!
- See All L'enclos de Valère
- Sion en lumière
- See All By plane
- FC Sion
yumyum's Related Pages
Sion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Sion - capital of Canton du Valais"
- "Sion - The heart of the Rhone Valley"
- "SION, A SWISS GEM IN THE HEART OF THE ALPS."
- "A Medieval and Modern City: Sion"
- "Sion in the Rain"
- "Swiss Valais"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sion
- Hotels in Sion
- Transportation in Sion
- Nightlife in Sion
- Restaurants in Sion
- Shopping in Sion
- Warnings and Dangers in Sion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sion
- 29 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Sion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sion
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue