"Hi I'm Chelle... and I'm an AdrenalineHolic" Personal Page by rachelleiris
Hi I’m Chelle… and I’m an AdrenalineHolic.
(This is the part when you’d say “Hiii Chelle”…)
And then I say… I’ve been an adrenalineholic since I was 3 years old.
At 3, I would ride a big bike with a little helmet – while being sandwiched by my Mom and Dad to make sure I was safe…
At 4, I would ride a swing in the park… and swing it sooo high as to deserve a tiny but visible scar between my chin and neck (wait, I actually don’t know that part is called)…
At 5, I would dance hawaiian or ballet (at least my version of it) on top of the bed until I missed a step, slipped and ended up in my Grandma’s clinic… and went back home with a cast on my left arm.
Suffice it to say, I had a blast during my childhood days. My Mom was a worry-wart in as much as she was supportive (in the sense that she would let me experience anything I’d dare try. Like she had a choice.)… And now, as an adult, it’s safe to say that am still having a blast – what with all the small and big adventures here and there.
In my lifetime, I’ve had a couple of adventures too many…and still craving for more.. I haven’t done bungee jumping and sky diving just yet.. But given the chance, I think I would either dare or chicken out (I honestly don’t know… I’ll just probably jump off the plane when I get there). I don’t have enough photos to show though (as I’ve left them in the Phils.. phooey! I'll check my emails and e-files later)… But here are some of the “To Do’s” that I’ve already ticked-off in this lifetime…
- Went Spelunking in the dark limestone caves of Sagada in the Mountain Province, Philippines….
- Climbed an enchanted mountain called Banahaw in the Philippines, Pico de Loro and Daraitan among other Philippine mountains…
- Experienced more than enough wipe-outs while Surfing (or attempting to surf!) in La Union (please see my San Juan, La Union travelogue)…
- Turned-turtle several times in the course of White Water Rafting in Cagayan de Oro..
- Jumped-off a 30-foot high cliff as part of the White Water Rafting graduation...
- Have inflicted good kind of pain on myself (still regularly inflicting good pain, even as I write) by having those bone-breaking, flexibility-challenging Yoga moves...
- Joined the UAAP swimming competitions even with full-knowledge that I wasn’t physically prepared for it! (My excuse for losing… I was more focused on studies rather than being on the swimteam.. ya, ya, excuses excuses! ).. hey, it wasn’t easy juggling school and sports, y’know!
- Fell-off some walls (but with a harness) while Wall Climbing several times….
- Braved the “sweetest-smelling” (if you know what I mean) bay in the world that is Manila Bay – while Dragonboat Rowing. I consider this an adventure because not only do I wake up at 5 am every Sunday, considering that I'm a night-owl, but also because I survived the smell!) But don’t worry, I have long stopped this unnecessary torture.
- While suspended around 25 to 30 feet high above the ground, I traversed a few kilometers while Zip Lining in Cagayan de Oro City. But then again, I was strapped to a harness and a helmet. So no worries! Wheee!
- Screamed exhilaration through my mouthpiece as I saw those orange soft corals, violet starfish, and nemo-looking clownfish while Intro Diving in Batangas.
- Went Hobie Boating in the middle of the sulfuric Taal Lake… with teeny-weeny fears of the dangers of the Loch Ness monster.
- Had hair-raising and creepy Wreck Diving/ Snorkeling experience in Coron, Palawan.
- Enjoyed skidding through the wet and a bit-muddy tracks of Subic, Pampanga while Go-Karting in the rain.
- And if you can consider driving through the highway floods of South Super Expressway -- in the dead of the night an adventure, then count that in…
- And most recently... braved the unforgiving, scorching Dubai summer heat as we laughed and screamed (and screamed some more -- of amusement and nervousness combined) while Dune Bashing in the desert. And to borrow my Dune Bashing mate Miko’s words.. "that experience was cathartic!" Couldn’t agree with him more!
I know I’m not exactly a hardcore adrenaline junkie.. but things as such keep me going.. in as much as a small and harmless lizard can make my heart pumping like anything…
Suffice it to say, I am still a sissy and a toughie in equal measure. =)
Can’t wait to tick off more of my “To Do” list of adventures… But first, I have to schedule a leave from the equally-adrenaline-pumping work of mine. Another phooey. =)
So there.. I don't think I'd ever be rehabilitated from this adrenalineholism. I just keep coming back for more. Argh.. =) I’m sure you guys have your fair share of “holics” too. C’mon, spill it out! C'mon c'mon! =)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 17 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- rachelleiris and colin_bramso are now friends.
- Commented on jivanne96's profile page
- Wrote a Review Souk Shopping Secrets in Sharjah Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Souk Shopping Secrets"
- updated a Sharjah Travel Page "Sharjah: A Hop, Skip and a Drive Away from Dubai"
updated their Profile Page "A Walk In The Clouds"
- Dubai Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sharjah Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- San Juan 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos