"Favourite b + w photos" Personal Page by pfsmalo
Paris is such a great subject for photography, it is hard to miss a shot. This is taken from the Alexandre III bridge towards "Les Invalides" where many famous Frenchmen are buried.
Taken from the left bank I think this low shot emphasises the majesty of the cathedral.
These are fishing cabins above the river Rance in Brittany. They are built on stilts as this river is behind the dam near St. Malo that uses the tides to produce electricity, so twice a day with the tides, the river rises and falls. The dam controls the height of the river but outside the dam the tides can rise and fall up to 40 feet.
This is the well known Tour Solidor at the mouth of the river Rance, that protected the entrance of the river from pirates. It now houses a very good museum dedicated to the sea and Cape-Horners.
I feel here that b +w accentuates the movement and whorls from the water that has cascaded through here for centuries.
After seeing all those american films in the 60's I needed a shot like this, as we don't have fire escapes like this in Europe. The shadows plus the brickwork strengthen this in b +w. I finally found this one in San Francisco.
Taken a very frosty morning in St. Lary in the Pyrenees mountains, France. Doesn't need colour to tell you how cold it is.
This is the old mill in Elora, Ontario looking downriver, with the columns of the old bridge just in front The b +w gives a real olde-worlde feeling to it.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Well I'm standing next to a mountain......Voodoo Chile - (Slight Return)... Jimi Hendrix”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 1 8 2
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 0 2 6
- Real Name
- La Gouesnière, France
- Member Since
- May 27, 2005
- 1,347 Reviews
- 6,352 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 1,347 Reviews
- 6,352 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 142 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Info rather than a question"
- Commented on one of pfsmalo's Avignon travel pages
- created a Ollioules Travel Page "Ollioules, 83190."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ollioules, 83190."
- Wrote a Review See how the rich live (around the port). in La Ciotat Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my pages."
- pfsmalo and chandni.joshi are now friends.
- Commented on the Mont Saint Michel travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 337 reviews, 1337 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue