"Favourite b + w photos" Personal Page by pfsmalo
Paris is such a great subject for photography, it is hard to miss a shot. This is taken from the Alexandre III bridge towards "Les Invalides" where many famous Frenchmen are buried.
Taken from the left bank I think this low shot emphasises the majesty of the cathedral.
These are fishing cabins above the river Rance in Brittany. They are built on stilts as this river is behind the dam near St. Malo that uses the tides to produce electricity, so twice a day with the tides, the river rises and falls. The dam controls the height of the river but outside the dam the tides can rise and fall up to 40 feet.
This is the well known Tour Solidor at the mouth of the river Rance, that protected the entrance of the river from pirates. It now houses a very good museum dedicated to the sea and Cape-Horners.
I feel here that b +w accentuates the movement and whorls from the water that has cascaded through here for centuries.
After seeing all those american films in the 60's I needed a shot like this, as we don't have fire escapes like this in Europe. The shadows plus the brickwork strengthen this in b +w. I finally found this one in San Francisco.
Taken a very frosty morning in St. Lary in the Pyrenees mountains, France. Doesn't need colour to tell you how cold it is.
This is the old mill in Elora, Ontario looking downriver, with the columns of the old bridge just in front The b +w gives a real olde-worlde feeling to it.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,678 Reviews
- 8,046 Photos
- 23 Countries
- 182 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of pfsmalo's Morón tips
- Wrote a Review Iglesia del Santo Cristo, Habana. in Havana Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Iglesia del Santo Cristo, Habana."
- pfsmalo and ulm168 are now friends.
- created a Matanzas Travel Page "Matanzas, province of Matanzas, Cuba."
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my pages."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 387 reviews, 1473 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue