"Favourite b + w photos" Personal Page by pfsmalo
Paris is such a great subject for photography, it is hard to miss a shot. This is taken from the Alexandre III bridge towards "Les Invalides" where many famous Frenchmen are buried.
Taken from the left bank I think this low shot emphasises the majesty of the cathedral.
These are fishing cabins above the river Rance in Brittany. They are built on stilts as this river is behind the dam near St. Malo that uses the tides to produce electricity, so twice a day with the tides, the river rises and falls. The dam controls the height of the river but outside the dam the tides can rise and fall up to 40 feet.
This is the well known Tour Solidor at the mouth of the river Rance, that protected the entrance of the river from pirates. It now houses a very good museum dedicated to the sea and Cape-Horners.
I feel here that b +w accentuates the movement and whorls from the water that has cascaded through here for centuries.
After seeing all those american films in the 60's I needed a shot like this, as we don't have fire escapes like this in Europe. The shadows plus the brickwork strengthen this in b +w. I finally found this one in San Francisco.
Taken a very frosty morning in St. Lary in the Pyrenees mountains, France. Doesn't need colour to tell you how cold it is.
This is the old mill in Elora, Ontario looking downriver, with the columns of the old bridge just in front The b +w gives a real olde-worlde feeling to it.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Well I'm standing next to a mountain......Voodoo Chile - (Slight Return)... Jimi Hendrix”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 1 8 9
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 0 2 6
- Real Name
- La Gouesnière, France
- Member Since
- May 27, 2005
- 1,335 Reviews
- 6,259 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 1,335 Reviews
- 6,259 Photos
- 19 Countries
- 140 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Only in Minnesota"
- Commented on tropicrd's profile page
- Wrote a Review Other views of Bonnieux. in Bonnieux Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Other views of Bonnieux."
- updated a Bonnieux Travel Page "Bonnieux, 84480."
- pfsmalo and MarkA139 are now friends.
- Commented on the Mont Saint Michel travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my pages."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 336 reviews, 1336 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 35 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 111 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 4 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos