"Doubtful Sound" Doubtful Sound Travelogue by 2Cities1Love
Doubtful Sound Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 65 photos
We had many highlights on our South island adventure and Doubtful Sound would have to be up there with the best of them. Just to get there is a journey in itself and then to experience the vastness of its wilderness is something we had never come across.
Picked up from Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park, on our way to Doubtful Sound.
We thought we were in for dark and gloomy weather while crossing Lake Manipouri, but once we reached Wilmot Pass we were bathed in sunshine.
From West Arm we had a bus trip through Wilmot Pass and stopped along the way for some great snaps.
It was a steady incline driving through Wilmot Pass then a very steep decline coming into Deep Cove.
We stopped at a lookout to take in the breathtaking view of Deep Cove, the starting point of Doubtful Sound.
We came across the world's only Alpine Parrot, the Kea, at Wilmot Pass. They are very inquisitive and very mischievous.
2Cities1Love's Related Pages
Doubtful Sound Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Doubtful Sound"
- "The Majestic Doubtful Sound"
- "Doubtful Sound"
- "DOUBTFUL SOUND - FIORDLAND, NEW ZEALAND"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doubtful Sound
- 1 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Doubtful Sound?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doubtful Sound
Photos in Doubtful SoundSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mordialloc Intro, 3 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Doubtful Sound Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockingham Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Te Anau Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Juneau Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ketchikan Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues