"The Dallas Museum of Art and Sculpture Garden" Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Travelogue by VeronicaG

Dallas Travel Guide: 1,361 reviews and 2,520 photos

Entrance to the Museum of Art

We've enjoyed some impressive exhibits at the Dallas Museum of Art! This day we were here with our grandson to see the Vesuvius Exhibit--artifacts unearthed from a wealthy Roman resort town, which was buried under tons of ashes after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius.

Museums are a favorite place to visit!

Our family has always enjoyed visiting museums beginning from the time I was a child to when we were raising two children of our own and now when we are blessed with visits from our grandchildren.

As for my interest, it's wanting to learn about different people groups and experience culture.

A Revolving Art Exhibit

The children's department in the museum has a revolving art exhibit which can be added to or subtracted from and has been ongoing for many months.

Our grandson added the tall tower to his right--my husband helped by lifting the last 12 inches to the top of his project to finish his creation.

Art and Nature

I recently viewed the sculpture garden for the first time and found it to be a tranquil place to enjoy art and nature.

There were several 'waterfalls' in the garden, which were punctuated by contemporary art pieces.

Another View

The sculpture garden is surrounded by a tall, ivy covered wall. The interior space is accented with trees and a red brick terrace--the delightful sound of 'waterfalls' throughout this area adds an element of serenity.

Contrasts

I like how the pieces of the garden contrast--the solidity of this massive piece in the forefront and the whimsical "lightpost" looking airy and lightweight behind.

Always, as one walks through the garden...the sound of water.

Shady spots in which to linger

I found a shady spot in the garden and sitting on a stone wall, absorbed the beauty of the day and place.

A Tranquil Place

• Page Updated Jul 20, 2007

Comments

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”