"The Dallas Museum of Art and Sculpture Garden" Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Travelogue by VeronicaG
Dallas Travel Guide: 1,365 reviews and 2,540 photos
We've enjoyed some impressive exhibits at the Dallas Museum of Art! This day we were here with our grandson to see the Vesuvius Exhibit--artifacts unearthed from a wealthy Roman resort town, which was buried under tons of ashes after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius.
Our family has always enjoyed visiting museums beginning from the time I was a child to when we were raising two children of our own and now when we are blessed with visits from our grandchildren.
As for my interest, it's wanting to learn about different people groups and experience culture.
The children's department in the museum has a revolving art exhibit which can be added to or subtracted from and has been ongoing for many months.
Our grandson added the tall tower to his right--my husband helped by lifting the last 12 inches to the top of his project to finish his creation.
I recently viewed the sculpture garden for the first time and found it to be a tranquil place to enjoy art and nature.
There were several 'waterfalls' in the garden, which were punctuated by contemporary art pieces.
The sculpture garden is surrounded by a tall, ivy covered wall. The interior space is accented with trees and a red brick terrace--the delightful sound of 'waterfalls' throughout this area adds an element of serenity.
I like how the pieces of the garden contrast--the solidity of this massive piece in the forefront and the whimsical "lightpost" looking airy and lightweight behind.
Always, as one walks through the garden...the sound of water.
I found a shady spot in the garden and sitting on a stone wall, absorbed the beauty of the day and place.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All The Historic District of Swiss Avenue
- See All KittrellRiffkin Art Glass
- See All Bishop Arts District Restaurant
- City Arts Celebration
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Dallas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Dallas"
- "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- "Goin' through the Big D and I mean Dallas!"
- "Dallas Texas"
- "Sweetberry's Dallas Page"
- "btex's Dallas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Hotels in Dallas
- Transportation in Dallas
- Nightlife in Dallas
- Restaurants in Dallas
- Shopping in Dallas
- Warnings and Dangers in Dallas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dallas
- 67 Reviews
- 182 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Dallas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dallas
- updated a Dallas Travel Page "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- Wrote a Review The Historic District of Swiss Avenue in Dallas Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Historic District of Swiss Avenue"
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Dallas travel pages
Photos in DallasSee All Photos (182)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue