"Day flight to Raglan for lunch 2" Raglan Travelogue by kiwi
Raglan Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 90 photos
On a clear day, you can see the snowcapped mountains of Tongariro National Park to the South. We also saw Mt Taranaki (Egmont) covered with snow.
Often when flying around rural New Zealand, you see small airstrips atop ridges over quite rough terrain. These are used by small aircraft to spread fertiliser over the farmland.
Flying over the Waikato reveals the lush green fields of this very fertile and productive farming land, probably the best in the country.
Hamilton Airport is a busy place. Not so many international flights but many domestic and private small aircraft activities. It's very common to see other aircraft in the sky. We were coming in to land side-by-side with this Cessna, each landing on separate runways. Then on the seal, us on the grass.
- See All Mainstreet pleasant atmosphere
- See All Dogs Not Allowed in Town
- See All Go across the Footbridge.
kiwi's Related Pages
Raglan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Raglan
- Hotels in Raglan
- Restaurants in Raglan
- Warnings and Dangers in Raglan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Raglan
- 10 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Raglan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raglan
Photos in RaglanSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Raglan hotel reviews
- Karioi Lodge
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013