"My Hometown in Germany" Personal Page by bwk_michael
Gardeelegen is the name of my hometown...where i am born in 1977 and where i lived till the beginning of 1998...my parents still live there and few of my friends as well...i miss it very much...well gardelegen is in Sachsen Anhalt, its a part of East Germany and not far away from Berlin..the next big city would be Magdeburg.
Gardelegen is only small...with around 11.700 people living there....
a town of Germany, in Saxony-Anhalt, on the right bank of the Milde, 20 m. W. from Stendal, on the main line of railway Berlin-Hanover. It has a Roman Catholic and three Evangelical churches, a hospital, founded in 1285, and a high-grade school. There are considerable manufactures, notably agricultural machinery and buttons, and its beer has a great repute. Gardelegen was founded in the 10th century (first named 1196), and was for a long time the seat of a line of counts. In 1358 Gardelegen became a city of the Hanse. It suffered considerably in the Thirty Years' War, and in 1775 was burned by the French. On the neighboring heath Margrave Louis I. of Brandenburg gained, in 1343, a victory over Otto the Mild of Brunswick. On 13 April 1945, 1016 concentration camp prisoners wer killed by the Nazis in the Isenschnibbler Feldscheune. Today this area is the site of a memorial for the dead. Gardelegen currently has 11,740 inhabitants, living on 68.00 km² (173 inhabitants per km²).
i used to go there (kindergarten) in 1981-1984
today its a block of very nice flats.
i used to work here after my training as a nurse...1997-1998...looking after a group of 7 kids.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“I belive there is more in this world then just being really really good looking and i am going to find out what it is!”
- Member Rank:
- 0 5 3 1 7
- Real Name
- Michael Adolph
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- Member Since
- Apr 6, 2007
- 21 Reviews
- 823 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 21 Reviews
- 823 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- bwk_michael and Nicola17 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Odessa Forum "Re: Odessa"
- updated a Singapore Travel Page "Singapore The Clean City"
- Commented on munki's profile page
- Wrote a Review The Colours of Heaven - Holy Festival about LOCALS in Goa Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Colours of Heaven - Holy Festival"
- Uploaded a Video to Goa
updated their Profile Page "I Love The Sound Of The Ocean..."
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Wareham Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Rostock Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Goa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Sofia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Dun Laoghaire Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos