"Have You Ever Been on Mars? - episode TWo" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Travelogue by pikuu

Isla de Lanzarote Travel Guide: 877 reviews and 1,786 photos

In the previous travelogue I tried to describe basis of my mission to the Planet of Lanzarote. To say shortly I have to confirm the similarity of Lanzarote landscape to these seen on Mars or Moon.

Thousends of minutes I circle above the Lanzarote ground looking for good landing place. But I see only red hills and seas of lava rocks. No chances to touch down safely.

LANDING

Finally I have to decide: NOW or NEVER. Below my spaceship rough field of petrified lava. Now or never!

"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind" - I scream to the microphone, stepping out of my vehicle. THa landing was a success. Maybe next generations will rember these words.

Impossible is possible now. Here in this totally unfriendly landscape I found LIFE. Look at this picture with small plants growing on the volcanic dust.

Wow! Lanzarote Sun is also a Mother for this nice yellow flowers.

How it looked like during the volcanic activity. Sometimes lava streams petrified in such a weird hug.

THis hill is a little bit unusual. Lonely and too regular. It looks like tumulus or ground pyramide. Maybe some rational beings developed here their civilization?

My mission is finished. It's time to go back.

Is the Lanzarote landscape similair to the Mars or Moon sceneries?

See once again my photos and answer for yourself :)

Major Piku to Ground Control: "The task is done"

• Page Updated Jun 8, 2007

Comments

pikuu

“Chasing sheep is best left to shephards”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Lanzarote

Have you been to Isla de Lanzarote?

Friends