"Jia Wutai Mountain-beautiful and steep" Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Travelogue by jasmine_ding

Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,091 reviews and 2,978 photos

Wild orchid

These are a kind of orchid with long pistils. These light purple flowers and white flowers blossomed all around the mountains. So I could smell light fragrances while I was climbing the mountain.

Mountains below me

If it had been a sunny day, I would have seen remote villages and farm fields. But I could see the mountains in front of me, opening their arms.

The gate of the temple

This is one of many temples located in Jia Wutai Mountain.

Zhongnan Mountain has been the paradise of eremites since 1500 years ago; nowadays they are still here, living in South Wutai, Jia Wutai, Cuihuashan, Guifeng, Louguantai……

When I approached the gate, I was astonished. The five steps leading to the gate did not have a railing, and there was a cliff with a long narrow path made of stone tablets with one side of the tablets stuck in the mountain side and the other side of the tablets was open, without any iron chain. I decided to give up and sit in the yard of temple to wait for my friends.

The chine of the dragon

Thanks to my friend who returned and persuaded me to keep walking, because there was splendid scenery ahead. I breathed deeply as I walked along the horrible stone path, holding his hand and keeping my eyes on his feet. Then, I saw a sharp chine of the mountain.

The chine of the dragon

I had to walk along the chine; it was called the chine of the dragon. Thanks again to my friend's hand.

The temple and the way

Looking backwards towards the temple, most of the chine was covered by bushes in front of me. I was so glad that I could take this photo and I was still alive.

Junior Huashan Mountain deserves its reputation as a steep and beautiful mountain.

Who lives there?

Sitting on the top of the mountain, the head of the dragon, I saw there was a house located in the opposite mountain. His owner, I wondered, must be a swordsman or a poet.

• Page Updated May 4, 2007

Comments

jasmine_ding Used To Live Here!

jasmine_ding

“free as a cloud in the blue sky”

Badges & Stats in Xi'an