"Jia Wutai Mountain-beautiful and steep" Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Travelogue by jasmine_ding
Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,094 reviews and 2,997 photos
These are a kind of orchid with long pistils. These light purple flowers and white flowers blossomed all around the mountains. So I could smell light fragrances while I was climbing the mountain.
If it had been a sunny day, I would have seen remote villages and farm fields. But I could see the mountains in front of me, opening their arms.
This is one of many temples located in Jia Wutai Mountain.
Zhongnan Mountain has been the paradise of eremites since 1500 years ago; nowadays they are still here, living in South Wutai, Jia Wutai, Cuihuashan, Guifeng, Louguantai……
When I approached the gate, I was astonished. The five steps leading to the gate did not have a railing, and there was a cliff with a long narrow path made of stone tablets with one side of the tablets stuck in the mountain side and the other side of the tablets was open, without any iron chain. I decided to give up and sit in the yard of temple to wait for my friends.
Thanks to my friend who returned and persuaded me to keep walking, because there was splendid scenery ahead. I breathed deeply as I walked along the horrible stone path, holding his hand and keeping my eyes on his feet. Then, I saw a sharp chine of the mountain.
I had to walk along the chine; it was called the chine of the dragon. Thanks again to my friend's hand.
Looking backwards towards the temple, most of the chine was covered by bushes in front of me. I was so glad that I could take this photo and I was still alive.
Junior Huashan Mountain deserves its reputation as a steep and beautiful mountain.
Sitting on the top of the mountain, the head of the dragon, I saw there was a house located in the opposite mountain. His owner, I wondered, must be a swordsman or a poet.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Best Chinese reataurant in Xi'an
- See All Cool world-Zhuque National Forest Park
- See All Terracotta Army
- See All Good choice for tourists-Citadines
- See All Night view-North Square of Big Wild...
jasmine_ding's Related Pages
Xi'an Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The echo of ancient"
- "Xian "Peaceful western part of China""
- "Shifting cities"
- "Beautiful Xi'an"
- "Xian - our stopover to see the Terracotta Army"
- "Qing Ming @Xi'an"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xi'an
- Hotels in Xi'an
- Transportation in Xi'an
- Nightlife in Xi'an
- Restaurants in Xi'an
- Shopping in Xi'an
- Warnings and Dangers in Xi'an
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xi'an
- 39 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Xi'an?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xi'an
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: Beijing to Xian day trip &..."
- Wrote a Review Best Chinese reataurant in Xi'an in Xi'an Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cool world-Zhuque National Forest Park"
- Commented on one of easterntrekker's Xi'an travel pages
- updated a Xi'an Travel Page "The echo of ancient"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lijiang Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Ganzi Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Aba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rottnest Island Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairns Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos