"Trastevere agosto 2006" Rome Travelogue by Paisleypaul
Rome Travel Guide: 12,178 reviews and 27,232 photos
Just like the river Styx, crossing one of the Trastevere bridges around the Isola Tiberina can sometimes seem like taking you to another world or another life after the hectic Piazza Navona or Piazza Venezia.
We had visited the Museo di Roma to see the photgraphic exhibition Donne di Trastevere by Emilio Gentilizi (1971-1972) and I came out no more talented an amateur photographer but completely snap happy !
Near the hospital, this dog struck me as looking a little like the she wolf who suckled Romolo and Remo in the story of the founding of Rome
The fontana in the Piazza Santa Maria di Trastevere. Quiet during the day and busy at night, this area escaopes the graffiti afflicting the walls of the feeder streets around the piazza.
This colourful building is on the riverside, the Lungotevere Raphaello Sanzio (Santi)
This is on (or beside) Via della Scala, it is difficult to take a shot without graffiti in view somehere!
Via della Lungaretta is the main thouroughfare for reaching Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere.
With light and shade, here it was the colours of the graffiti itself that caught my attention
This is off Via della Lungaretta, a very esoteric bric a brac tapestry hanging from each of the upper windows.
To end at the start.....the cinema in Piazza Sonnino is the first thing you see for may people if you take the tram from over the river
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Low key Chinese away from tourist Rome
- See All Happy to reccommed
- See All Like "La Casa dalle Fenestre che...
- See All Household items clothing perfumerie
Paisleypaul's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 67 Reviews
- 171 Photos
- 168 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
- Posted in Travel Genoa Forum "Re: How much and how long - a..."
- Wrote a Review Low key Chinese away from tourist Rome about Hua Lian in Rome Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Low key Chinese away from tourist Rome"
- updated a Rome Travel Page "Roma ; non basta una pizza............"
- Commented on one of monorailgold's Rome travel pages
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (171)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 67 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 34 reviews, 94 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue