"THE FOOD OF BERJAYA TIOMAN RESORT" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Travelogue by xuessium
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide: 445 reviews and 1,046 photos
2 buffet breakfasts and dinners were included into the free-&-east 3D2N package I purchased, which kinda made me grateful that it was JUST 3D2Ns when it comes to the food, for the Berjaya Group seems to excel in employing lousy chefs.
I don't think I can survive another day....with bland limpy food and impotent coffees.
Edible food....perhaps yes.
Great food? You got to be kidding.
The Satays were botched. Gosh, they could even screw up a typical Malay dish.
Surprisingly, the lamb chop was alright, which couldn't be said for the grilled beef. I couldn't even poke through it with the serving fork. Guess some guests like their beef rubbery.
Tom Yam Seafood Soup.
Passable....lots of seafood chunks, to make up for the weak soup base.
Thankfully, the vegetables are alright. I suppose the chef hated vegetables and wishes to get them out of his sight soonest - they are mercifully crunchy and fresh.
I am still trying to figure out the species of blob they try to serve up as mousse. A small "Ang Moh" lad saw the mysterious dish and broke up into laughter after. I wasn't sure my stomach was laughing.
The jello tasted like "Ribena". Correction, it probably was Ribena.
The Pulut Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice) was not served with coconut milk, which health pluses aside, tasted a tad less exciting.
These are the better offerings for breakfast though you have to be careful with the French Toast since you can get a batch brutally murdered or a batch that is pristinely virginal.
Thankfully, anything with curry or sambal carried well....so my advice is that you stick with them for dear life.
The stir-fries were alright. Breakfast is marginally better than dinner I reckon.
Did not go for omelette - the state of it still pretty much haunting my memories from my experience with the Resort's sibling on Pulau Redang.
The Roti Jala surprisingly good. Knocked my socks right off.
Can't say that for the impotent coffee and tea though. Sigh!
- See All Hit the waters! You're in Tioman!
- See All Biggest Resort On The Island
- Tekek: Local fare beyond the gates of...
- See All The 2 Airports: Singapore Seletar &...
xuessium's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
- Posted in Travel Sanya Forum "Re: Sanya"
- Wrote a Review Hit the waters! You're in Tioman! in Pulau Tioman Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hit the waters! You're in Tioman!"
- updated a Pulau Tioman Travelogue "THE FOOD OF BERJAYA TIOMAN RESORT"
- Commented on one of muddybok's Pulau Tioman travel pages
Photos in Pulau TiomanSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 106 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 77 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 55 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 37 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christmas Island Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues