"Amsterdam" United Kingdom Travelogue by Barnabas

United Kingdom Travel Guide: 103,925 reviews and 265,690 photos

Coach trip to Amsterdam

Please excuse me if this sounds dull, but this is my first time.

Wednesday 12 September 1999

Our local paper in Salisbury, Wiltshire "Avon Advertiser", organises coach trips from Salisbury around variouse place's round Europe. One of these I went on was with Travelsphere to Amsterdam which was knicknamed "Dutch Delight's Tour". The holidays they usually do are at reasonable price's, this one was from 124.99. I wanted to go as i wanted to see The Ann Frank house. The coatch usually picks up from the coatch staion in castle street at some early hour like three in the morning! And we passed through Dover over to Caligh (excuse the spelling), after catching the ferry.

We stayed on a bed and brekfast which was a boat that was moored along the waterfront. Dinner and brekfast was included in the cost. I got to see Ann franks house which wasn't very far away from the sea front, the shops were only just over the road. there are so many cyclists in Amsterdam, being a keen cyclist myself, the only thing I would say is why don't they have any lights at night? The price was quite reasonable at The Ann frank House, and they have changed it a lot since I was last there.

The pubs and clubs are something to speculate too. Every pub that we went to smelled of pot, but the atmosphere was good. We also visited another Island called Volendam which was a lovley place. Everyone dresse's up in thire orginal costumes and the people are really friendly, there is also a beach at Volundam. We visited a mill and a cheese making factory on this holiday which was vert intresting. I would recommend travelsphere to anyone, i hear that Revera Travel are good too.

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in United Kingdom

Have you been to United Kingdom?

Latest Activity in United Kingdom