"COME UP THE KUMBUM!" Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Travelogue by mavl
Gyangze Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 294 photos
if you don't negotiate the climb up the kumbum properly, you might end up dizzy.
i therefore recommend you stop at every corner for a photo.
here's another photo stop at another corner - hey, what can i do? there are lots of corners in this building!
it might also help to steady yourself at every doorway you find.
with all the history these walls have seen, it is forgivable to think they're actually alive! (and watching your every move)
once at the upper levels, you might want to stop and focus on objects very far away. this will help reverse the dizziness building up inside your head.
when you go out to the very ledge, make sure you stay as close to the ground as possible. the low oxygen environment plus that spiraling climb may affect your balance.
unless, of course, you want to take the express way going down.
mavl's Related Pages
Gyangze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GORGEOUS GYANGZE!"
- "Gyangze, what will it look like when finished?"
- "Check it out! One of the best places in Tibet!"
- "Gyantse`s Pelkor Chöde Monastery, Kumbum and Dzong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gyangze
- Hotels in Gyangze
- Transportation in Gyangze
- Restaurants in Gyangze
- Warnings and Dangers in Gyangze
- See All...
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Quezon City Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- St. John's Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Apostle Islands Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gyangze
- 10 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Gyangze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gyangze
Photos in GyangzeSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Gyangze hotel reviews
- Gyantse Hotel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013