"Saint Louis Ice Storm 01/13/07" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Travelogue by changeinlatitude

Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,146 reviews and 2,007 photos

2nd Ice Storm

Well, we are in the middle of our 2nd ice storm of this winter. It started last night (Friday 01/12/07) and is to continue through Mondy 01/05/07. From what they are saying, we haven't seen the worst of it yet and to boot, we will have snow on top of it. The last ice storm we had in November 2006, we received approximately 1 1/2" of sleet & ice. Let me tell you, you don't just shovel that from your drive. Also, the power outages were crazy. Something like 350,000 + without power for days and some for over a week.

This morning I was getting ready to go to my store when I heard this HUBE BOOM!!!! I thought it was thunder until I looked out the kitchen window to see 1/2 of the neighbors tree on their house. All are okay, however the other half and their tree in the front is about ready to go and they are for sure going to hit our house. Bummer, but there is not a thing we can do about it. I just hope I don't loose my Dogwoods up front, they are weighted down almost to the ground and we are looking at another 24+ hours of ice.

Any way, if you are stranded here, make the best of it. Order a movie in your room, have a nice dinner, go to the bar and live it up if you are staying at a hotel, since you won't be driving any where any time soon.

I took a few pictures of the trees as they are now. I will update as things go as long as we have power. Stay safe out there. This storm is stretching from Texas up to the Great Lakes.

• Page Updated Feb 2, 2012

More Travelogues (1)

Comments

changeinlatitude

“If we weren't crazy we would all go insane.”

Badges & Stats in Saint Louis

Have you been to Saint Louis?

Latest Activity in Saint Louis