"The Road to Banos" Baños de la Encina Travelogue by alucas
Baños de la Encina Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 36 photos
The road to Banos from Baillen passes through mile after mile of olive groves. We took a very minor un-signposted road out of Baillen town - by chance and memory the same one we took eighteen months earlier. And as before, we wondered whether the road would actually lead anywhere, as it got narrowere and narrower, and less-maintained. Zig-zagging around the potholes and bouncing along the gravel streches, we eventually reached tarmac again, and soon we could see the castle at Banos in the distance.
We stopped part way along to take some photos. The olive trees were flowering, and the land between the trees had recently been cleared.
Olive blossom !
Some of the trees were obviously really old, but there were areas where some replanting had taken place - not even olive trees live forever !
More Travelogues (1)
alucas' Related Pages
Baños de la Encina Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Baños de la Encina
- 4 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Baños de la Encina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baños de la Encina
Top 10 Pages
- Santorini Island Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 129 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerez de la Frontera Intro, 37 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Úbeda Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucca Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toledo Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues