"I was enchanted by the Doors of Israel" Israel Travelogue by tzuki

Israel Travel Guide: 8,947 reviews and 26,259 photos

Blue door at Old Jaffa - Tel Aviv

I feel captivated by this blue door when I was walking by Old Jaffa.

Playing cards?

What attracted me frist was the heart above the two narrow doors, then I saw the elements in the composition and I liked very much.

Who is there?

This door get my attention by the composition itself, although when I took another look into it, I saw a little doll in the window. Was nice!

Jaffa door in Jerusalem

Jaffa door is one of the eight doors to get into the Old city of Jerusalem, and it said that long time ago it was the door that was linked with Old Jaffa Port in Tel Aviv.

Little door

I felt in love with this little door.
It is at the top of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, in the Ethiopian side.

Ethiopian monks and the green door

David, my friend, was very gentile in photo me with the Ethiopian monks and the green door behind all of us.
I do like this photo as the moment itself.

Jewish Door

My friend and me, were walking by the Jewish West quarter, very nice, quiet and rich area... and suddendly this door came into my camera.

Doors along via David - Old City of Jerusalem

We were walking along Via David in the Christian Quarter, inside the Old City of Jerusalem. Even if the streets are very narrow insidethe old city, is possible to find the space to photo nice traces as these couple of blue doors.

As you maybe noticed by the doors I photo, the colour base for ornaments and paint is the blue... Blue for the flag of Israel, I guess.

This "blue" reminded me of Greece as they use it as well, but the greek one is a little bit darker.

• Page Updated Nov 18, 2006

Comments

tzuki

“"Each individual has an opportunity to make a difference" :)”

Badges & Stats in Israel