"I was enchanted by the Doors of Israel" Israel Travelogue by tzuki
Israel Travel Guide: 9,145 reviews and 26,937 photos
I feel captivated by this blue door when I was walking by Old Jaffa.
What attracted me frist was the heart above the two narrow doors, then I saw the elements in the composition and I liked very much.
This door get my attention by the composition itself, although when I took another look into it, I saw a little doll in the window. Was nice!
Jaffa door is one of the eight doors to get into the Old city of Jerusalem, and it said that long time ago it was the door that was linked with Old Jaffa Port in Tel Aviv.
I felt in love with this little door.
It is at the top of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, in the Ethiopian side.
David, my friend, was very gentile in photo me with the Ethiopian monks and the green door behind all of us.
I do like this photo as the moment itself.
My friend and me, were walking by the Jewish West quarter, very nice, quiet and rich area... and suddendly this door came into my camera.
We were walking along Via David in the Christian Quarter, inside the Old City of Jerusalem. Even if the streets are very narrow insidethe old city, is possible to find the space to photo nice traces as these couple of blue doors.
As you maybe noticed by the doors I photo, the colour base for ornaments and paint is the blue... Blue for the flag of Israel, I guess.
This "blue" reminded me of Greece as they use it as well, but the greek one is a little bit darker.
tzuki's Related Pages
Israel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Israel - my country"
- "Israel: Land of Contrasts"
- "Holy Week in the Holy Land"
- "Israel: NEW Perspectives"
- "A Spring Journey to Israel"
- "In Promised Land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Israel
- Hotels in Israel
- Transportation in Israel
- Nightlife in Israel
- Restaurants in Israel
- Shopping in Israel
- Warnings and Dangers in Israel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Israel
- 26 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Israel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Israel
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 34 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucca Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Valencia Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salamanca Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Israel Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos