"The Royal William" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Travelogue by spitball

Vancouver Travel Guide: 4,002 reviews and 8,456 photos

Scale Model Replica's Built with absolute care

Where I live in Vancouver, the manager of my building - Victor Yankovitch (not known if he's related to wierd Al?) is building this scale model of an old tall ship. The Royal William, once complete, it will stretch 9 feet in length, have 100 canons, and three masts'. The hull wood is pear, the black wood is ebony. He cuts all the wood by hand, every plank in the hull and on the decks is carefully shaped. On completion, he will fit a small motor for retrieval purposes only; {the sails will be fully operational} The man has more patience than most. He's already built a few of these tall ships, one which is out in the garage, was on display in the Vancouver Maritime Museum for a few years. & a few more around the globe. I think he's even got one in Japan. These are for sale, and sail. I've told him there is only one thing wrong with this ship, it won't fit me. ;)

Victor @ 604 - 736-0521

it even has window glass!

I don't think Victor would mind too much if you emailed him with any questions and/or comments you might have.
You know what it's like; sometimes we get a little bogged down with the work.

yancovitch@yahoo.com

If he asks where you heard about him, let him know it's his neighbour Rand

• Page Updated Feb 1, 2007

Comments

spitball Lives Here!

spitball

“Canst Thou Not See It My Liege ?, Tis But Three Blocks North Of The Delicatessen ;)”

Badges & Stats in Vancouver

Have you been to Vancouver?

Latest Activity in Vancouver