"Thailand October 2006: Updated Travel Photos" Personal Page by BorderHopper
While not very interesting photos I've still decided to post them up until I get better pics depicting our latest stay in Thailand. These photos were taken within a few days of our arrival & I will try to update this area with new photos as they come.
Now, as for the photo below...its of me driving a right hand drive Toyota on the left side of the street in the chaotic Bangkok traffic. I was more frustrated than nervous, but all and all it has been a fun experience driving around Bangkok. We plan on using our rental car for two road trips....one to the North of Thailand, and the other to the southern beaches of Thailand. I thnk we'll have much more freedom to explore with the car.
This photo was taken at our favorite Bangkok chain restaurant MK. I think its actually Chinese but we love the food here so we had to make a stop at MK within a day or two of our arrival. My wife Wacharporn and our son McKinley enjoying our first "good" meal in Thaialnd.
Ok, so I look a little over eager with the bottle of Leo, a newer Thai beer for less Baht. Actually I just wanted to get the point across to my friends that I've got a great place to kick back and relax here in our little condo on the outskirts of Bangkok.
..better pics to come soon
This is a photograph of my son McKinley on the left and his cousin Fook on the right. They are both pictured here with a photo of their grandfather Winay who passed away before they were born. Family is important in Thailand (just as it is most everywhere), and it is often a tradition to display a memorial photograph of a deceased relative/patriarch/matriarch of a family in the home. This is our memorial to my son's grandfather here in Thailand.
Do you see any family resemblence? Maybe the eyes and ears...
Daddy & son hanging out in the Mall Bangkapi...where the aircon is running full blast & the indoor shopping complex offers us some serious relief from the hot and humid weather outside. In all my time spent in bangkok I've yet to experience a day where I say "Ahhh...this is perfect weather!"
It's not the "million dollar view" here in Bangkok, but its still a view....we see lights below & catch the sunset each evening from our Bangkok balcony.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 519 Reviews
- 1,051 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on one of BorderHopper's Dhaka travel pages
updated their Profile Page "The Travels of James Robert Bierman & Family"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Travels of James Robert Bierman & Family"
- Wrote a Review The Chinatown that once was... Havana about Barrio Chino - Chinese Neighborhood in Havana Things to Do
- updated a Havana Travel Page "Havana With Family"
- BorderHopper and henri123 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Havana
- Posted in Travel Mexico Forum "You'll love Mexico !"
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 57 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 46 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Sai Intro, 34 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Thailand Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 31 reviews, 23 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos