"Through the palmeries" Figuig Travelogue by TheLongTone
Figuig Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 35 photos
The palmery is divided into small individual plots, often walled to produce a maze of alleys shaded by the date palms. Alongside the allys or paths run open channels for the distribution of water to the fields. So one's walk is constantly accompanied by the sound of running water.
Each plot recieves a strictly rationed amount of water. The flow of water through the irrigation channels is controlled using structures such as this: the flow of water from the cistern can be regulated by blocking off onee or other of the outgoing channels.
A plot can be kept green with as little as 45 minutes water supply each week.
More Travelogues (1)
- .....but no frills
- No carrion, no vultures.
- See All Sensitive border area.
- See All On yer bike
TheLongTone's Related Pages
Figuig Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Figuig
- Hotels in Figuig
- Transportation in Figuig
- Restaurants in Figuig
- Shopping in Figuig
- Warnings and Dangers in Figuig
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Figuig
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Figuig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Figuig
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 69 reviews, 137 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yemen Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Figuig Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Sfax Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos