"Family and Friends" Personal Page by icunme
It was inconceivable when I arrived in Italy in May of 2004 that I had set foot on the homeland of my family exactly 100 years to the month from the time my grandfather left Verona for New York. With affectionate retrospect, I understand only now in my twilight many things I heard as a child. I remember "Nonno" saying he would return to die in Italy and only feeling so sad at the time to think that he might ever die. He never had that chance to return home - so, perhaps, I might be able to somehow honor his wish and spend the rest of my days here in Italy. I would do that gladly. Good fortune has blessed me with my daughter close by - living in Frankfurt. I am fortunate also in that I am here with my "adopted nephew" who was born and raised in Milano. He has taken me on adventures to my family's native Verona, Lago di Garda, Valpolicella (Verona wine country), Milano, Lake Como, Porto Cervo, Mondello (beach in Palermo) and finally settling, hopefully, here in Roma.
I enjoyed many blessings as I lived, labored, loved, and raised my family in America. Fond memories of those great cities are still fresh - New York, Washington, DC, Palm Springs, Beverly Hills, - growing up in Pennsylvania with my best friend - and with cousins who visit now in Rome from NY, NJ, and RI.
Merita lived at my Beverly Hills home for three years - lives now back in her Denmark homeland and visits me in Rome as often as possible.
My in-house Italian concierge and caro nephew Lorenzo - born in Milano - with me 17 years in Beverly Hills - the son I never had..... Her at the water ski club on Lake Como - 2004.
With Nellie at Lake Geneva - Nellie met her husband, Raffa, the first day he arrived for a homestay at my Beverly Hills home. They married and have a beautiful son, Dylan in Geneva.
Hanging out on Via Veneto with Rebecca, Derek and Lorenzo - Looking for the photos with all of us - Derek and I are among the missing here!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 620 Reviews
- 1,676 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE MYTH OF SPEED "
- icunme and MichaelFalk1969 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: Beach outing"
- Commented on 12cinant's profile page
- Wrote a Review Orto Botanico - Garden Oasis for nature lovers about Parks & Gardens in Rome Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Rome Travel Page "R O M E"
updated their Profile Page "B E N V E N U T O! WELCOME!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 242 reviews, 665 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 59 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Como Intro, 41 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 33 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ostia Antica Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverly Hills Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ostia Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos