"VT Meet 2006 (III)" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Travelogue by imstress
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,566 reviews and 10,378 photos
It was a rather unusual VT Meet where it started off at Takashimaya Kinokuniya where Stu did a sharing on his book, Gone Troppo.
The sharing session ended around 3.30pm and we headed to Food Republic for my favourite Hokkien Mee and there was also Chicken Rice and Rojak.
It was such a coincidence that all the ladies were in black top and jeans.
imstress, p_yenyen, liangel, Tusitala, arni_ph075, basil, wilson, edmund. leo315 was there at the sharing session.
arni_ph075 is organising her 1st VT Meet in Singapore and I was there to show my support as I am occupied on weekday.
Had my turhisk pizza and it was great.
Our visitors are Jorgito_lindo currently teaches in Bangkok, Simon who teaches in Singapore and Selina from Manila.
We went up to Equinox and New Asia Bar to have a look after dinner and arnie and jorge managed to take some great pics.
It was my birthday celebration and wont it be nice to coincide with a short VT Meet with Dinesh (dbat) as he was also visiting the Jurong Bird Park with his friend.
Although it was a short meet up but this birthday gal had a nice pics with the 2 gentlement from India.
Have a great trip to Malaysia and a safe journey back home!
What we planned for was some Raw Fish Porridge but end up next door as the stall was closed. The organiser p_yenyen couldnt make it for the VT Meet.
I had their speciality cheese baked rice with fish.
chiahbh + diana, arklandtravel + wife, arni_ph075, TheNanyangChinaman, imstress on 25 Oct at Chit Chat.
We took the MRT to Ang Mo Kio and board our bus 132 to Mellben for our crab dinner. Even with reservations made, we have to order our food and wait for our table. The parking attendant was sighted and the whistle was blown to warn patrons to put their parking coupons.
liangel (angeline) ordered a plate of Rojak for all of us to share. ssebugz was hungry and ordered ngoh hiang and spring roll before the main dishes arrived.
We had fried bean curd, mongolian spare ribs, butter crabs and claypot bee hoon crabs. we couldnt finish what we ordered.
Those at the dinner table are rinnai, rtwrich, imstress + weng leong, liangel, bkoon, p_yenyen + judith, ssebugs. 9 person from 6 different countries.
rtwrich (richard) & rinnai were in Singapore on 10 Oct. We met for dinner together with p_yenyen (patricia), Judith and Zoic who were from the Hospitality Club. 6 person from 5 different nations. Our dinner was at Smith St in Chinatown. We had stingray($15), crayfish ($14), prawns ($15), fried oyster eggs($5), satay ($5.50).
We met at Sentosa for Underwater World ($19.50), Pink Dolphin Lagoon , Palawan Beach, Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom ($10). We shop at Vivo City which is newly opened on 7 Oct. Retail theraphy for rtwrich at Levis. We went to Merlion Park and had ice cream at Haagen Dazs Esplanade. We walk back to Summerview Hotel to wash up before we head for dinner at Mellben in Ang Mo Kio.
It was a mini VT Meet with britbrat_56 (dave + susan), victorkwkf (victor)and imstress (jen) + basil.
We met for dinner at famous Nasi Padang River Valley and had our coffee and oreo cheesecakes at Mc Cafe over at Great World City. Thanks Dave and Susan for the gifts and sharing memories of your stay in Singapore some 30+ years ago.
As it is Baltoberfest, we took our Virtual Attendee pic together.
Hope you guys have a great big VT Meet in Baltimore.
We held our latest VT Meet on 31 Aug 2006 @ Zam Zam to welcome aussiejen (+2) and joysweet (+2) to Singapore.
Those who attended are:
Applefool, arni_ph075, aussiejen + tony + malcom, bpacker, icyjo24, imstress + basil + wilson, Jomerlion, joysweet + jucyn, charmai, ladyleo0408, liangel, p_yenyen, SquashNut, TheNanyangChinaman, Weehui, yurijade, zafilm
We took a group pic with the Mohd Sultan Mosque as the background. Did u manage to count how many of us were there?
- See All Singapore Flyer
- See All South East Asia Hotel 3*
- See All Tung Lok Signatures
- See All Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
- See All VIVO City
- See All Grassland Express & Tours - SIN to KL
- See All Singapore Visitors Centres
imstress' Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 296 Reviews
- 720 Photos
- 141 Forum posts
- 250 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- Uploaded a Photo to "Year End Gathering over steamboat at beach rd"
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: legitimate overnight..."
- created a Singapore Travelogue "1st F1 Night race in Singapore"
- Commented on one of robertgaz's Singapore travel pages
- Wrote a Review Singapore Flyer about Singapore Flyer in Singapore Things to Do
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (720)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 296 reviews, 690 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 52 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 78 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Asia Intro, 42 reviews, 163 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 30 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou Intro, 32 reviews, 156 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sichuan Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos