"Sample Sagada Itinerary" Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Travelogue by monina_c
Sagada Travel Guide: 686 reviews and 1,932 photos
1. This was the itinerary we used when we went to Sagada. Having been there several times before, most places we went to were not too popular for first time visitors. If you plan to adopt this itinerary please adjust it to your own preference.
2. We love walking/hiking so most of the time we hoofed it except for the Bontoc leg and Bangaan/Bomod-ok where we took jeepney. So if you are taking your own vehicle please adjust timing accordingly.
BTW, we left Manila for Baguio at around 11p.m. taking Victory Liner from Espana (in front of UST).
4:30 a.m. Arrived Baguio. Booked return tickets.
Walked to Chow King-Session Road (2km from bus sta.) to have an early breakfast.
You can always catch a taxi but walking is a good way to warm up.
7:00a.m. Took Lizardo bus from Session Station in front of the Public Market.
(You can catch the earlier bus w/c leaves 6:00am.)
1:00p.m. Arrived Sagada
Checked in at the Traveller’s Inn. Very reasonably priced and comparatively clean. Ms. Julia, the owner, is very accommodating but does not suffer fools. Well, you can sweeten her with compliments (at least it worked for me!!!).
Do check out the Gallery downstairs, Lope Bosaing, the husband is a potter.
2:00p.m. Had lunch at the Yogurt House a few meters away from the Travellers. Good food, reasonably priced. 1 serving can be shared. The yogurt banana pancakes (Hiker’s Delight) are a treat. Made reservations for dinner at the Log Cabin.
3:00p.m. Walked through the Cemetery and up the Calvary Hill. Then proceeded to Echo Valley where you can also get a glimpse of the Hanging Coffins and a Burial Cave. Stop by the Episcopal Church
If you have time, you can walk down to see the Hanging Coffins up close. But be careful, because dark comes suddenly and it might be dangerous going back up again.
7:00p.m. Had dinner at the Log Cabin. It is pricier than the other restos in Sagada but it is worth it!
Try Menu #4. Servings are big and can be shared by 2 pax.
7:00 a.m. Breakfast at the Yogurt House. What can I say!!! The food is good and the coffee is freshly brewed!
Do try the Mountain Tea.
8:30a.m. Took a jeep to Bangaan then hiked down to Bomod-ok Falls. It took us 30 min to hike to the village. Register at the blue house and pay the fee.
Take a guide with you to save time and to avoid getting lost. P120 will get you the services of 3 kids. Pay them when you are ready to go back up so they won’t leave you behind.
Bring your lunch with you so you won’t have to hurry back.
The water in the pool is cold but a dip is a MUST.
Be prepared for a hard climb back up to the jeepney station.
3:00p.m. Register with the Tourist Information for your trip to the Sumaguing Cave. A must see.
6:30 p.m. Dinner and a walk around town. As if the hike up from Bomod-ok is not enough.
7:30p.m. Walked down to the Sanctuary for some interactive music!!!
Dont be shy to let your hair down and join the resident artist play different native musical instruments. MOJO FUN!!!
8:00a.m. Took a jeepney ride to Bontoc. Ride up the top-load for a more exciting ride.
Got off near the Market to walk down to the river and cross the Hanging Bridge. Took pictures up at the mini-rice terraces there. We were lucky enough to watch a carabao climbing up the terraces!!! Neat trick!!!!
Took a tricycle ride to the Bontoc Museum.
Had early lunch in town.
Don’t be surprised if the proprietor offers you dog meat as it’s considered to be a delicacy up there! Don’t be surprised to have flies dive-bombing into your meal!!! UGH!!!
2:00p.m. Took a jeepney back to Sagada. Got off the turn-off for Kiltepan Tower. It’s an easy hike. The towers in ruins. There’s a little path down to the viewpoint on the right side of the ruined tower. The view is breath-taking!!!!
4:30 p.m. Dropped by the Rock Inn to have some fruit juices. The Inn itself is a destination!!! A lot of friendly puppies to play with too!!! Nice mother and daughter run the place.
6:30 p.m. Dinner at the Travellers. We had Pinikpikan which we ordered before we left for Bontoc.
7:00a.m. Took a bowl of halo-halo ginataan ala Sagada (they use wild rice for the dish) at the Market Place.
One last breakfast at the Yogurt House.
10:00 a.m. Took a bus down to Baguio.
If you plan to do some shopping in Baguio take the earlier bus.
4:00 p.m. Dropped by SM Baguio to buy some pasalubongs and had late lunch.
6:40 p.m. Bus left for Manila.
12:30p.m. Arrived Manila.
- See All Not a "Warning" Warning but a Suggestion...
- See All Something new (sort of)
- See All Basic Accommodation
- Be prepared!
monina_c's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "Sagada High"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 20 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 129 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
- Posted in Travel Bagac Forum "Re: local transport service"
- Commented on one of monina_c's Sagada travel pages
- updated a Sagada Travel Page "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- Wrote a Review Not a "Warning" Warning but a Suggestion :) in Sagada Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Be prepared!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao City Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolinao Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bontoc Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sariaya Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 6 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue