"Tour de Gyangze: Off the beaten path by bicycle" Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Travelogue by Confucius

Gyangze Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 294 photos

Some nice old ruins overlooking a vibrant village!

Just go north on Highway 204 from downtown Gyangze and you'll see this village on the right side of the road after about 4 kilometers.

A typical Tibetan house in the countryside

This house is typical among Tibetan homes I saw in this area.

Maybe only VIPS have yak horns above their door?

I saw this fancy door with yak horns above it and guess that means the home's owner is a Very Important Peasant.

The Tibetan Wheel of Fortune

I saw Tibetans spin this old wheel as they passed it on the side of a dirt road near the village.

Beautiful scenery just outside the village

Imagine waking up to this scenery every day? Aren't those Tibetan peasants lucky?

Gyangze Transportation Tip

Here are a couple sisters riding on the back of a cart. I wonder if they came from Dabancheng in Xinjiang province?

The local village elder meets Confucius

At least I made him laugh; I don't know how much of our conversation he understood.

This little boy followed me all over the village!

I parked my bicycle near the horses and walked around the village looking for photo opportunities. This little boy followed me after I took his picture. His grandfather is the man by the horse in the middle of my Gyangze intro.

• Page Updated Oct 7, 2006

Comments

Confucius

“Yes, I am indeed the same Confucius from Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Northeast Asia branch!”

Badges & Stats in Gyangze

Have you been to Gyangze?