"Preston Docks" Preston Travelogue by intertraveler
Preston Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 63 photos
Preston was a thriving Port which help to import raw materials for the industries in the area.
I think in the early days cotton would have been the main imports but I remember they use to import Wood from Scandinavia Bananas from the West Indies coal also.
Preston may have been the first port in the UK to use roll on roll off container ships. The Ionic ferry use to sail to Northern Ireland which also carried passengers.
Preston Dock is now a marina and they have built a lot off apartments on the river side and on the other side there are some large shops and a supermarket. also there are number of small offices.
There are some car main dealers also in the area.
You can see some of the small offices on the right
There are two pubs on the docks one is the River Pilot and other the Waterfront.
The Waterfront as a restaurant but both pubs do bar meals.
The Waterfront is nice to sit outside and have a beer in summer there is a good view of the marina basin from the outside.
Both pubs have car parks
More Travelogues (2)
Written Oct 1, 2006
Written Oct 4, 2006
More places and buildings in Preston
intertraveler's Related Pages
Preston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Proud Preston"
- "Preston pride"
- "Emma's View on Preston"
- "Preston - My Home Town"
- "Preston, Lancs, UK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Preston
- Hotels in Preston
- Transportation in Preston
- Nightlife in Preston
- Restaurants in Preston
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Preston
- 25 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Preston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Preston
Photos in PrestonSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Bugibba Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Preston Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vodice Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Zante Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos
- Bonita Springs Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Calella de Mar Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Albufeira Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belek Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.