"Random shots and a little more Willy" Baltimore Travelogue by Dabs

Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,196 reviews and 3,406 photos

This is one of my favorite shots from the weekend, our hostess Ellen (ellielou) with her newly patented VT smile and Patty (hexepatty) who, although not an official hostess, worked hard behind the scenes to make sure we all had a roof over our heads and make sure we all kept in line.

Ellen, did you get lessons from Paris Hilton? HAHAHAHA

I met Patty (hexepatty) in Toronto last September and again in Chicago when she came to visit in December and she's a blast to hang out with so I was glad that we were able to spend Sunday afternoon having a nice Italian meal, doing a little walking and then having a HUGE scoop of gelato.

I also met Steve (spgood301) in Toronto very briefly but got to spend a bit more time with him when he came to Chicago for an extended visit last summer. He might not admit it publically but I like he likes Chicago pizza even better than NY style pizza ;-)

Steve (NC_Ziggy) isn't putting a hex on EmilieNoelle, he's trying out a new Virtual Tourist logo

After bailing Anna (Willy_Wonka) out of jail, I took her over to the inner harbor (she thought it was just a bit too touristy) and then over to Little Italy for lunch. You like Italian, don't you Anna???

Anna's last stop in Baltimore was here where she tried to pick up this guy on the bench....

Chilling out

As much fun as the big group activities at VT meets are, I always enjoy spending some time wandering whatever city I'm in and one of my favorite VT buds to do that with is Ed (Kaspian). We've roamed the waterfronts of Toronto, London and Marbella (OK, there wasn't much wandering there except Ed's eyeballs around the topless beach ha ha) so I was thrilled that we were able to carve out an afternoon in Baltimore to carry on the waterfront tradition. Ed's a perfect traveling companion for me, he'll go anywhere, eat anything, shares his food, loves history and off the beaten path destinations. And he somehow manages to find a new quirk of mine every time LOL

Our "itinerary" for Baltimore was pretty modest by my standards, lunch at Lexington Market, a visit to Poe's grave, Fort McHenry and a visit to Fells Point to see the "Homicide:Life on the Street" set.

• Page Updated Sep 28, 2006

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Badges & Stats in Baltimore

Have you been to Baltimore?

Latest Activity in Baltimore