"The day of the kitten" Personal Page by Dxenion
Loves eating cheese, soy meat and flower arrangements
Purrs like a V8 engine
Not very smart - no fear of dogs!
That's how I worded the found poster I made up for a kitten that rocked up on my doorstep one morning. I had been about to take the dogs for a walk when I discovered the grey bundle of fur on my door mat.
I put the dogs out the back. They were really confused - they had their harnesses and collars on and were heading out the front door but suddenly found themselves in the backyard again. I made it up to them later that day.
I went back to the front door but the kitten was gone. I then spotted movement under a low bush out the front. The kitten was stalking some local parrots that were feeding on a seed bell I had hung in a tree. The kitten then took a flying leap, missed the birds and landed on the road where it nearly got run over.
I called out to the kitten and it came trotting over to me. I opened the front door and it walked on in like it owned the place. On investigation I found out that it was a he and had a collar with bells but no tag.
I made up a poster which took longer than expected because the kitten kept jumping up on my lap and then playing with the keyboard and mouse. I managed to get him to sit still long enough for a photo to go on the poster and then printed copies off.
I spent the rest of the day lugging the kitten around (quite happy to be carried around in a bag) and dropping off posters in local letterboxes and at local shops.
When the vet opened up in the evening, I took the kitten (now calling it Junior) in to see if he had a microchip. He did have a desex tattoo on his ear so someone obviously spent some money on him and must've been missing him. The vet said there was a microchip but it wasn't one of his so couldn't identify the owner. I now had to wait until the next morning to ring the pound.
The next day, I rang the pound and quoted the microchip number. They managed to track down Junior's owner and left a message for them to call back.
Junior and I settled in for a nice quiet day and as you can see by the photo, he seemed pretty happy with the situation. The owner didn't ring until that evening and came round shortly after to pick him up. She said that she'd been at work all day and hadn't noticed he was gone. I didn't have the heart to tell her he'd actually been gone 2 days.
Junior (real name Monty) was only in our lives for 2 days but made a huge impact. He had such a gorgeous nature - I only hope he's now happy back at home. We'll miss him.
More Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 77 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 34 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Dxenion and unravelau are now friends.
- Commented on unravelau's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Surf the Pipe"
updated their Profile Page "On the road again."
- Uploaded a Video to Nhill
- Posted in Travel Melbourne Forum "Re: how to i get to philips..."
- Wrote a Review Coffee with attitude in Hastings Restaurants
- updated a Port Hedland Travel Page "Don't discount the town"
PhotosSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Hedland Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Phuket Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hahndorf Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Butterworth Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Broome 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geraldton 1 review, 5 photos
- Thailand 5 reviews
- Adelaide Intro, 4 reviews
- Canberra 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos