"VT'ers I've met (part 2)" Personal Page by DSwede
I can go ahead and boast that the VT crew in Perth surpassed all of my possible expectations when they threw out the welcome mat for me. We had a wonderful time! They tried to overdue my senses first with conversation, then with food, and lastly with alcohol. OK, maybe the last one was my own doing, but it was definitely a good time. If I'm not mistaken, there were 7 VT'ers plus myself, and 6 friends.
Heather (Buffybird) and husband Chris
Ann (Aussirose) and husband Howard (as well as daughter and soon to be son-in-law)
Tina (Tina-Perth) and partner Steve
Alex (Alex-Perth) and friend Ray
Yeah, it was definitely tough meet... myself, good food, good beers, good conversation, and an unbalanced number of girls :)
There were a few incidents when I came across this nutty Canadian in Spain. Raegan (RaeganB) made these wild accusations that her little town of Moia was better than the city I was living in, Tarragona. We soon forgot our stance on the argument after a few drinks.
Marina (Ina22Marina) was only in Chicago for about 24 hours, but I think she managed to get a good impression. While visiting a friend, she managed to walk the downtown area during an ugly cold rainy day, and yet managed to keep a smile on her face.
I was able to spend a few days in Japan over the Lunar New Year. Among my stops, I had the pleasure to meet Masa (gogonicetrip) in the town of Kitakyushu. We spent a wonderful day seeing the sites and sharing some cultural exchanges, ending with a traditional Yakitori dinner.
Venturing about as far away from home as she could, Grace (GracesTrips) and Harald passed through Ulsan on their circuit through Korea. We had a pleasant dinner and a few drinks before they had to continue on their way. Thanks for the chocolates!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,654 Reviews
- 2,159 Photos
- 66 Countries
- 428 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
- Commented on Flavs's profile page
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Friend in Rio"
- DSwede and hannette are now friends.
- updated a Australia Travel Page "Slowly Seeing it from Coast to Coast to Coast"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Icon of Tasmania"
- Wrote a Review Great Fresh Seafoods in Freycinet National Park Restaurants
- Commented on the Hamilton travel guide
updated their Profile Page "A Little Back Ground"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos