"CHANGING OF THE GUARD~TOMB OF UNKNOWN SOLDIER" Warsaw Travelogue by Pawtuxet
Warsaw Travel Guide: 2,951 reviews and 7,129 photos
There was a parade of soldiers, elected officials and insurgents who marched to the Tomb and placed flowers, made speaches, and held interviews with the news media. It was interesting to see the changing of the guard...the handsome soldiers... but mostly to see the faces of some of the insurgents who managed to live through those awful days and lived to tell about it this year.
Flags flying, proud marching groups...all in spite of the rain. I wondered if the scouts who supported the insurgents in the Uprising were actually the scouts from an organized group such as we have in the U.S. Does anyone know if there are the same type of scouts in many countries? I thought it was only in U.S. Perhaps this is an international thing and the kids who were so brave were from this organization.
This man was giving an interview to the reporters. He somehow managed to escape the country and now lives in the U.S.A. He made the trip to Poland for this wonderful commemorative celebration he had waited to see for so many years.
If you saw him on the street would you suspect that he had this sort of brave history?
Even tho he isn't supposed to pay attention to the crowds or the people who try to make him smile...I think he saw a pretty smile on someone. He's so cute, we'll have to forgive him. :-)
- See All Favorite colors of Warsaw
- See All Nobel Prize winner...
- See All Hear a concert at Chopin's...
- See All Lala came to the states in 74
- See All Traditions for the Bride & Groom
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 47 Reviews
- 154 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 88 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
- Posted in Travel Gdansk Forum "Re: gdansk/sopot"
- Commented on one of zaffaran's Warsaw travel pages
- updated a Warsaw Travel Page "WARSAW - Fascinating, beautiful, delicious!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nobel Prize winner MARIE(Skladowska)CURIE's home"
- Wrote a Review Favorite colors of Warsaw in Warsaw Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos