"1963-1965 When Ishi Lived in Grayslake" Grayslake Travelogue by deecat

Grayslake Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 110 photos

Ishi (the cat) Helped Allan Grade Math Papers

Ishi was my first cat ever. Allan bought him from a farm in Grayslake, and he lived with us in our very first apartment on Lake Street.

In the photo, you see Ishi Cat sprawled out on top of Allan's student's papers.

Ishi was an Affectionate Cat

Thank goodness that my first ever cat (Ishi) was affectionate. He loved to be held up on your shoulder. This was in our kitchen.

Ishi has a Visitor

One day as I came home from school, a yellow striped cat who looked like Ishi, followed me home and up the stairs. So, I let him inside, and he and Ishi shared a meal.

Ishi Slept With Us

Ishi always slept with us. One morning, Allan got up early and took this picture. I remember that we had hardwood floors throughout the apartment, and when the cat would jump off the bed, it sounded like thunder downstairs. Poor Mr. and Mrs. O'Dell.

Ishi was Once "Treed"

When Ishi Cat was a kitten, he climed the big tree and could not get down. He would "meow", but no matter what, he would not come down. The firemen came, but their ladder was not tall enough! One of my student's father was a tree trimmer. The student wore a black leather jacket and his tree trimming equipment, and he climbed up the tree, put Ishi Cat in the pocket of his black leather jacket, and brought Ishi down safely!

Ironically, even though Ishi Cat had been in the tree for 3 days and nights, the first thing he did once he was inside the apartment was to head for the Kitty Litter Box. Good Cat!

• Page Updated Aug 25, 2006

Comments

deecat Used To Live Here!

deecat

Badges & Stats in Grayslake

Have you been to Grayslake?

Latest Activity in Grayslake