"Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain" Sydney Travelogue by Gypsystravels
Sydney Travel Guide: 6,035 reviews and 14,495 photos
As I mentioned on my main tip, Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain are magnificient.
Spend an a few hours getting lost, and exploring the beautiful flora and fauna.
The Parks department encourage you to touch the trees (those that are not fenced in) and walk on the grass, so go ahead, photograph yourself in front of one of these massive trees, walk on the grass and just enjoy your stroll through the park.
As I mentioned on my main page tip, we were pleasantly surprised to see these bats flying in the middle of the afternoon. They are the largest of the bats species and were "mating" during our visit.
Once thought to be extinct, this species was recently discovered in the Blue Mountains. This particular pine here at the gardens was nutured from a seedling. The protective barrier is to keep anyone from stealing (yes) the endangered species.
As we explored the gardens, we came across a few of these beautiful birds feeding on some fruit.
- See All Day trip to the Blue Mountains
- See All Taxi
- See All A great stay
- See All The Rocks Market
- See All Kangaroos
- See All Stay in and enjoy your suite
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "A Ramble around Sydney"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 82 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Member Map, Travel Pages..."
- Wrote a Review Day trip to the Blue Mountains about Blue Mountains in Sydney Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Rocks Market"
- updated a Sydney Travel Page "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- Commented on one of amyhenderson's Sydney travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 223 reviews, 589 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues