"San Francisco" San Francisco Travelogue by alidunne

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,421 photos

Cisco Baby

Well I'd a short and brief trip to San Francisco in April for two weeks. I had been here 5 years ago in 2001 and I spent a bit of my childhood here when Dad worked in UCSF. It was great to go back despite the fact that they were having the wettest Spring ever and there was a lot of flooding. It made whitewater rafting interesting!

My Favourite Spot

My favourite spot since I was a kid is China Camp State Park. It's just across the golden gate and is a real beauty spot. I've so many fond memories of coming here as a kid to play on the beach all day, and the woman in the little shop is still there selling Icebergers! A great trip out from the city and away from the fog.

Typical San Fran Street

Half the fun of being in San Francisco is just to hang out and watch the world go by. Getting a cable car is fun (if not a bit expensive, but get a 3 day or weekly tourist pass, it covers the buses in the city and as many cable car rides as you want). Heading over the hills in the city in your rental is a pretty weird experience too!

Eating Out

One of the best places for a huge meal if you've a big appetite is Max's on the Square just beside Union Square. This is me tackling a 2/3 lb burger, delicious!

Take me out to the ball game

Being typical tourists we did the whole all American experience. So roll on the hotdogs and beer, we're off to the ball game. What a glorious day we had, the weather was great and it was good fun to watch the baseball, though we weren't always sure what the rules were.

• Page Written Aug 3, 2006

Comments

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Latest Activity in San Francisco