"Old steam trains" Mariefred Travelogue by vec
Mariefred Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 74 photos
Mariefred is a great place if you like trains, two old time railway lines and a railway museum.
This train is called Emsfors and was built in 1919 by Sächsische Machinenfabrik in Germany. The weight is 12000 kg
This train is calle KM Nelsson and was built in 1914 by Motala Verkstad, Sweden. It's weight is 16700 kg.
This railcar called Y7 (1163) is from 1958 and was built by ASJ Linköping, Sweden. It's weight is 18500 kg and have 47 seats. Trains like this was very common before on Sweden on smaller rail lines.
Marielund is a very small station located 2059 m from Mariefred central station. Marielund was also a place where the crew from three Polish submarines had the refuge during the second world war. The camp was built in October 1940, hosting the 170 men crew from the three submarines Sep, Rys and Zbik.
vec's Related Pages
Mariefred Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque Mariefred"
- "Castle and cosyness"
- "Mariefred - Gripsholm"
- "Sweden's prettiest small town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mariefred
- Transportation in Mariefred
- Restaurants in Mariefred
- Shopping in Mariefred
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mariefred
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Mariefred?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mariefred
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 97 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Storuman Intro, 76 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sundbyberg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gotland Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umeå Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Solna Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues