"Niagra Wineries - tastings at the wineries" Niagara-on-the-Lake Travelogue by kenHuocj
Niagara-on-the-Lake Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 292 photos
this is the tasting room
but should have taken a photos of the Porsche and Mustang
each being loaded with a case of wine
accompanied by Daniel Lenko, great talking to s noted winemaker
who welcomed us and led our tasting
of his fine wines
then like the previous visitors,
we loaded our case of 2004 UNOAKED CHARDONNAY
(by case of 12 only) Gobs of pineapple, lime, lemon and peach aromas.
The fresh, inviting nose leads to a massive, round texture
with a mineral/flint base typical of unoaked chardonnay
btw. photos and letters of/from various Governor Generals ;-)
adorn his small tasting ~sales room
very commercialised winery
but worth a long visit with all one expects
for an educational visit
amazing Frank Lloyd Wright and Japan very visible
very Consumer and Tourist orientated;
they must sell a large percentage
of their Ice Wine to Japan !
Friedrich Konzelmann from Uhlbach, from a town near Stuttgart, in Wuerttemberg, Germany, founded Konzelmann Estate Winery inon the lakeshore of Ontario, in the Niagra-on-the-lake region
again undergoing Shopfront renovation
1096 Lakeshore Road, RR#3,
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada L0S 1J0
Tel: 905.935.2866 Fax: 905.935.2864
Kachana , i could have been in the Cape Winelands of South Africa
Award winning wines,
neat welcoming signs and driveway over
a what looked like an old military bridge
a wee taste with no purchase
from the Website of John Will the winemaker of Strewns
" Located just outside the Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, Strewn is a very special destination. Discover our award winning VQA wines, our knowledgeable and friendly staff, and our monthly wine education events. Enjoy lunch or dinner at the restaurant at Strewn or participate in a hands-on cooking class at Canada's only winery cooking school. It's all here waiting for you! "
Puddicombe Estate Farms & Winery
is a 208 year old family fruit farm. Beginning in 1797 as cattle farmers. In the early 1900's we became fruit farmers.
then in 1940,the planting of the first vineyard
Comment from Lu was United Nations, and yes there were people originating and from many continents of the world
bought a pleasant Raspberry wine
kenHuocj's Related Pages
Niagara-on-the-Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Niagara on the Lake"
- "Niagara on the Lake, is the prettiest in Ontario."
- "The loveliest town in Ontario!"
- "Flowers in Full Bloom in this Charming Old Niagara"
- "A fun Day with the 6 of us on way to Niagara on Lk"
- "Beautiful area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Hotels in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Transportation in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Shopping in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Warnings and Dangers in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- 5 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Niagara-on-the-Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Posted in Travel Pelee Island Forum "Re: Accommodations"
- Commented on one of somemale's Niagara-on-the-Lake travel pages
- Wrote a Review Wishful thinking bar the ROADTREK in Niagara-on-the-Lake Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wishful thinking bar the ROADTREK"
- updated a Niagara-on-the-Lake Travelogue "Niagra Wineries - tastings at the wineries"
Photos in Niagara-on-the-LakeSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Pretoria Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 31 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orleans Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 10 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cederberg Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue