"Historic Downtown Stanford" Stanford Travelogue by Little_Lou_Lou
Stanford Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 59 photos
Built in 1884, this mill processed both flour and cornmeal for the area. Started by Sam Baughman, the father of John and Robert Baughman, the boys took it over in the mid forties. The mill burned in July of 1964, and is now owned by Garland Vanhook, though no longer in operation.
The original structure built in 1866 and replaced by the existing building in 1912. It is now being used as a museum and community center with park and trail. Items available for viewing include those from the personal collections of Rodman and Nancy Bradshaw, Lynn Bradshaw Thompson, and many others from the local community.
Incorporated in 1869, closed in 1907 after tax supported schools were made available. Currently houses Fox Funeral Home.
Founded in 1788, is one of the oldest Presbyterian congregations in the state. Original church on this site was destroyed in 1838 by a tornado. Present church built in 1888.
Original courthouse on this site was in 1786. Records contained in this building date back in 1779, some written on sheepskin. The Fiscal Court room contains some of the finest portraits of Lincoln County judges.
Little_Lou_Lou's Related Pages
Stanford Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Stanford
- Restaurants in Stanford
- Shopping in Stanford
- Warnings and Dangers in Stanford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stanford
- 10 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Stanford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stanford
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stanford Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cumberland Falls State Park Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kentucky Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pineville Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hendersonville Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Haven Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Somerset Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues