"The People" Shenzhen Travelogue by Cuteclu

Shenzhen Travel Guide: 482 reviews and 1,216 photos

Starting Off on the Beach

We started the weekend off with a trip to the beach, while Paul and Steph set a run for us to do in the afternoon. What a great way to spend a morning....swimming, reading, making sand angels and eating fruit!

Kelvin, Andreas, and Pearl certainly enjoyed their morning under the cool shade of the beach umbrella!

The bus ride there...

...was filled with excitement, beer, and sangria. Gotta love China.

The back of the bus was a heaps of fun as Carrie Ann, Steph, Rob, Denis, Olya and I created maeham singing songs and looking up things on the internet.

Aww road trips...don't you miss them.

Steph and Carrie Ann

Sometimes it's a pain to have visitors in China, but not so with Carrie Ann. She was up for anything and everything, which is the best way to be in a country full of surprises!

Steph and Carrie Ann were the life of the party...with Steph's quick wit and Carrie Ann's colour commentary, there was never a dull moment.

Ahh Denis...

Denis is one of my favorite people in GZ, along with the others that are standing with me, Paul, Caveman, and Steph.

We all had a good laugh with Denis about a particularly funny story...you'd have to had been there. These guys are such sports, it was truly a pleasure to spend my last weekend of spring on the beach with them.

The HK Boyz

Only showing up for premier hashes, the HK boys are a barrel of fun.

Ready to run, ready to sing, and ready to party, the boyz add some colour to our lives every time they join us.

They are welcome back to the beach any time!

The Russian Energizer Bunny

Nickolay is great! He has so much energy and so much enthusiasm that he is hard to contain.

For example, the morning after kareoke, he said, "I go swim." Then came back 20 minutes later after having a vigorous swim and said "I go ran," and he proceeded to beat all of the other runners back to the hotel.

Where does the energy come from...only he knows!

The Guardian

Kelvin, the organizer, the translator, the pourer...what would we do without him.

He consistently makes sure all of our ducks are in a row and all of we are all safe. And he has this amazing laugh that is contagious.

Keep it up BH!

Oh LIn

The sweetest girl you'll ever meet.

The most under her breath sarcastic girl, and the most giggly girl.

She is such a good friend! You gotta love her!

• Page Updated Jun 23, 2006

Comments

Cuteclu

“Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Shenzhen

Have you been to Shenzhen?

Latest Activity in Shenzhen